Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Readycloud desktop app does nothing

Mountaineers
Aspirant

Readycloud desktop app does nothing

Desktop client version: V1.19

Router firmware version: V1.2.0.62_1.0.1

There is an externall hdd plugged in to the usb port on the router, and it it is registered to my readycloud/netgear account

On my windows 10 Laptop (Not on the same LAN as the router) I have installed the Readycloud desktop app. Once signed in, it lists my router with the text "Connected (VPN)" underneath it. There is a drop down arrow next to the router. Clicking on the drop down arrow shows the top folder level on my external drive. When clicking on the folder it does one of two things:

1) A loading wheel spins next to the folder for a very short (few seconds at most), but then does nothing.
2) Just does nothing

Troubleshooting steps I've taken already:
-I can access the external drive properly from the readycloud web browser, but I want to be able to navigate the drive through file explorer
-I have uninstalled and re-installed the Readycloud desktop app and updated it. It has not made any difference

-I have removed and re-registered the external drive to the readycloud/netgear account. It has not made any difference

-I have installed the readycloud desktop app to a different Windows 10 laptop, and it works properly (when clicking on the subfolder it opens up the file system in File Explorer), leaving me with no clue as to what the problem is. Both laptops are running windows 1903.

-I tried accessing the external by mapping it as a "Network Location" within File Explorer, which does allow me to navigate the file tree properly. HOWEVER, I can NOT open files directly, I am prompted to "Find an app from the windows store" to open any file type. So this route did not work either.

Please help!

Model: R6900P|Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 3

@Mountaineers wrote:

-I can access the external drive properly from the readycloud web browser, but I want to be able to navigate the drive through file explorer

You do not need ReadyCloud to see USB drives in explorer. (Oddly, when I use ReadyCloud to go to local files and folders my Explorer substitute kicks in.)

They should be here:

\\READYSHARE

That is on your local network.

Have you set up ReadySHARE on your R6900P?

There is support for the R6900P, including a manual, somewhere at the end of this link:

>>> R6900P | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<

Message 2 of 3
Mountaineers
Aspirant

@Mountaineers wrote:

On my windows 10 Laptop (Not on the same LAN as the router)

The laptop I am using is NOT in the same local network as the router, hence the attempted usage of Readycloud desktop app.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7