Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Repeated Spam Attempts

Grafixmac
Tutor

Repeated Spam Attempts

My wife texted me a link to some malicious website last night and before I had the presence of mind to not click it, I did. Now I am getting repeated spam attempts constantly and consistently all day long and my Nighthawk app on my phone is alerting my consistently. It will show the site tried to spam me dozens of times in one minute. This has been going on all day.

Yesterday morning, when I noticed it was happening, I tried to open the app but my password wouldn't work, but I was able to logon through my IP on my computer and change the password. I've modified all my wifi passwords and my router login.

It seems to also be spamming me so much that it is knocking me off my network, so I have to restart my cable modem, router, and computers to reconnect to the Internet.

Is there anyway to stop the repeated attempts or is this just going to keep happening?

Edit: the spam attempts are from https://greatawakening.world/

Model: RS400|Nigthhawk AC2300 Cybersecurity WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Re: Repeated Spam Attempts

@Grafixmac wrote:

My wife texted me a link to some malicious website last night and before I had the presence of mind to not click it, I did. Now I am getting repeated spam attempts constantly and consistently all day long and my Nighthawk app on my phone is alerting my consistently. It will show the site tried to spam me dozens of times in one minute. This has been going on all day.

If you allowed something nastry through to your computer – it isn't clear from your message – that is where you need to look. Clean up the device that is infected.

If you want to know how to manage the security in your RS400 router, you might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your device, in the appropriate section for your hardware. That's probably here:

Nighthawk WiFi Routers

In the meantime you could visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware. Look at the label on the device for the model number.

You may have done this already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear stopped supplying printed manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

Message 2 of 4

Message 3 of 4
Grafixmac
Tutor

Each of these conversations were created by me and each one has responses pointing back to each other. I was told the this other one I posted in was not the right place so I posted here. I have looked extensively for other threads to solve this problem to no avail.

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7