Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Reset admin password in Nighthawk app

Papelero123
Guide

Reset admin password in Nighthawk app

My nighthawk app stopped working and I have not been able to log back in or recover my password.  Contacted Netgear support and they told me my complementary support ran out at the end of June.  Therefore for just resetting the password, they want me to sign a support contract for $189.00. I am really dissapointed. The router works fine, but because of this, for the money they want to just reset my nighthawk app, I can get a new router, and it will certainly not be a Netgear product.  This is my third netgear product and will definitely be the last!

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Reset admin password in Nighthawk app

Hi @Papelero123, welcome to the community! Are you still able to log in to the web UI via a browser (Chrome, Firefox, Edge) of your router? The link below may help out.

https://kb.netgear.com/24220/How-do-I-recover-my-NETGEAR-admin-password-using-the-password-recovery-...

Let me know how that goes.

Dexter

Message 2 of 3

Re: Reset admin password in Nighthawk app

@Papelero123 wrote:

Contacted Netgear support and they told me my complementary support ran out at the end of June.  Therefore for just resetting the password, they want me to sign a support contract for $189.00.

Who did you call? If it was one of those sites found with a web search, then there is a high probability that it has nothing to do with Netgear.

Many of those listings are from third-party sites that pay to appear in the search engines. They then create sites that "borrow" the Netgear logo.

Those sites will also appear if you search for other makes of hardware. Using them can be dangerous.

Netgear itself does not provide paid for support. It farms that out to GearHead Technical Support.

GearHead Support

GearHead does not offer a support plan for $189 .

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7