Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Router WAN port not working

KVS
Aspirant
Aspirant

Router WAN port not working

Hi,

Have purchased the router Product Model: WNR614. After few days of installation facing signals drop and ISP confirmed issue with router. Since, net was working when we connect directly to laptop.

Firmwares are updated and resseted the system several time but no change.

Can any one help me to fix the problem or shall I get replacement of devise if faulty.

Thanks,
Message 1 of 4
TheEther
Guru

Re: Router WAN port not working

Some ISPs will bind Internet service to the MAC address of the first device plugged in.  In this case, that would be your laptop.  You can try cloning your laptop's MAC address onto the router in order to fake out the ISP box into thinking that it's your laptop.

Log into your WNR614 with your laptop and go to the Internet settings.  Look for Router MAC Address.  Select either Use Computer MAC address to automatically clone your laptop's MAC address or Use This MAC Address and manually enter your laptop's MAC address.  Click Apply to save the setting.  You may have to reboot your router for the change to take effect.

If this doesn't work, then try rebooting your ISP box with the router plugged in.  This may force the ISP box to allow Internet service through your router.

Message 2 of 4
KVS
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, Thanks for reminding. Have checked all probabilities along with ISP representitive. Unfortunately found the WAN port is diffective and need replacement. Can you guide me to get this device checked and to get replaced incase if defaulty. 

Message 3 of 4
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Can't you return or exchange at place of purchase? This would be your best option. If not contact support.

You tried a different cable??

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7