larryebert
Tutor

Re: Router app doesn’t show connected devices

Hmm. It worked for me.

Message 26 of 29
jbraun
Tutor

I just noticed that there's a new firmware available on Netgear's site.  The router 'check' for firmware didn't find it but it's out there as of Jan 6th 2022.

R7000-Firmware-Version-1-0-11-130 

Old version was V1.0.11.128_10.2.112, after update the console shows V1.0.11.130_10.2.118.

I just ran my Nighthawk app and I'm now again seeing all of my devices that are connected to the router.  Not sure if it was an actual bug fix or if just reapplying firmware and reboot resolved the issue, but I'm a happier camper right now.

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 27 of 29
ccan82
Aspirant

@jbraun jbraun,

THANK YOU!  I just went through the same procedure. The auto update said firmware was most recent but downloaded the file from link you shared then did update via the Advanced tab on the admin login.  It updated firmware then rebooted.  And my iPhone app now shows all the managed pieces!  

So appreciate you discovering and sharing.  Weird that the router doesn't pick it up and update automatically, though.

Message 28 of 29
mbelter2
Aspirant

Same thing happened to me. All the devices connected by wifi and wired use to shoe up in my netgear nighthawk app. Went to check one day and only one wired device shows up in my app. I used to see all 10 devices and was able to turn on or off which devices I wanted . Does anyone no what happened?
Message 29 of 29
Discussion stats
  • 28 replies
  • 31 kudos
  • 14 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7