Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Router nicknames

Jacob-clackett
Aspirant

Router nicknames

Please see my screen shot. Does anyone know how to name these routers so on the Android Nighthawk app I can distinguish them from each other? If I click on one and then click on the image of the router I can see some information including the name I assigned it, but I wish I could see at a glance which one is offline without having to do an elimination process.
Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Um, unlessy your managing several same model routers which I presume you only have 1 model router, only 1 router should be seen in this list....

What device do you have NH App installed on? 

What version is the NH App? 

Message 2 of 8
Jacob-clackett
Aspirant

Android version 2.12.0.1770.

I have these routers in my vacation homes and the houses are connected by point to point antennas. I live in a remote area with limited internet coverage, so I have to make my own network between houses.

Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Does the 3 vertical dots have any options? 

Message 4 of 8
Jacob-clackett
Aspirant

The three vertical dots pulls up a menu and all that allows you to do is remove the device from your list
Message 5 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

If you selecting on one of them and go in to the settings for the picked router, can you edit or change any with in? 

I know on some routers there is the host name section seen on the routers web page. Wondering if maybe changing the host router name on the routers web page using a web browser first would maybe see a change on the NH app. 

Message 6 of 8
Jacob-clackett
Aspirant

I have messed around in the settings for quite a while.  I have never been able to find anything that transfers a name to the NH App overview screen.  I know where to change the router names, but that name does not seem to transfer to that screen that I need.

Message 7 of 8
Ps0653
Aspirant

Seems no one has an answer for this still.  I have multiple RAX50s (not available in the dropdown - come on Netgear fix the list please) and they show up as RAX50 rather than the   router name they have each been given in their specific configurations.  This should be a simple chaneg to the app to have it show the router name rather than the model number -- or even both <AP Name> - <Model> i.e. Router at Home - RAX50.  

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7