Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Router not getting connected Netgear Nighthawk WiFi 6 System (MK63) - AX1800 Router with 2 Satellite

prathima
Follower

Router not getting connected Netgear Nighthawk WiFi 6 System (MK63) - AX1800 Router with 2 Satellite

I bought a nighthawk mesh router with 2 satellites and have connected them to my router. The light turned blue for all of them. I have downloaded the nighthawk ios app but the router says it is not connected. I connected the nighthawk router to modem but it is not able to detect. Any tips on how to resolve it

Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Router not getting connected Netgear Nighthawk WiFi 6 System (MK63) - AX1800 Router with 2 Satel

what modem/gateway/router are you connecting the mesh system to? 

If its has its own routing capabilities it causes a double nat. 

https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT

Simpliest fix? put the mesh system in access point mode. but it does disable some features 

otherwise you can put your current gateway in passthrough/modem only mode

or the netgears IP  address into your current routers DMZ

Message 2 of 3

Re: Router not getting connected Netgear Nighthawk WiFi 6 System (MK63) - AX1800 Router with 2 Satel

As @plemans says, a lot depends on the modem you refer to. Is it a modem or a modem/router?

Even if it is a straightforward modem, line Netgears' DM200, it may have a "router" mode that you should disable.

You also need to follow the instruction carefully, doing things in the correct order.

Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:

• Turn off and unplug modem.
  • Turn off router and computers.
  • Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
  • Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
  • Turn on computers and rest of network.

If your modem really is a modem/router, then it may be possible to turn off the router bit and put thing into modem only (bridge) mode.

To work out which is the best strategy for you, tell us the modem number of your modem.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7