Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: SPEED TEST

SMUL1124
Aspirant

SPEED TEST

GREETINGS,

MY APP DOES NOT HAVE THE " TEST SPEED" MENU LIKE THE EMAIL SHOWS...CAN I UPGRADE OR AM I MISSING SOMETHING?

Message 1 of 10

Which app? Android? iThing?

What email?

Message 2 of 10
SMUL1124
Aspirant

THANKS FOR RESPONDING. THE APP IS ON THE APPLE IPHONE. THE EMAIL I'M REFERING TO IS AN EMAIL THAT WAS SENT WHEN I SIGNED UP.MY ROUTER IS NETGEAR R6020.

Check out these key features for your WiFi router.

✓   Speed Test - Check the broadband speeds from your service provider
✓   Pause the Internet - Monitor and pause WiFi on any connected deviceInternet Speed Test
✓   Guest WiFi - Set up secure networks for guests to access your Internet
✓   And More!
LEARN MORE
NIGHTHAWK

fb   tw   ig   yt

NETGEAR®
Message 3 of 10
schumaku
Guru

The Speed Test is in my understanding a part of the QoS feature, required for tuning the QoS - with the QoS feature not available on the R6020, this might be absent on both the R6020 Web UI and the Nighthawk App.

Message 4 of 10

I have an Android app. This has a clear "Internet Speed" button. The layout is a bit different from this:

But it is there. What does your new screen show?

One way that people have fixed issues in the past is to remove the app from their device and reinstall it.

There have also been reports that the iStuff app is broken.

Message 5 of 10
schumaku
Guru

@michaelkenward wrote:

I have an Android app. This has a clear "Internet Speed" button.

Yes - but what if the Nighthawk App is connected to a router not supporting QoS and the (QoS-) Speed Test?

Message 6 of 10

@schumaku wrote:

@michaelkenward wrote:

I have an Android app. This has a clear "Internet Speed" button.

Yes - but what if the Nighthawk App is connected to a router not supporting QoS and the (QoS-) Speed Test?

That needs an explanation of what you are on about.

How does QoS intervene here?

If you visit the support pages for the R6020, it offers a download of the NightHawk app.

If QoS was essential, would that be there?

Message 7 of 10
schumaku
Guru

When I have it right, the Nighthawk routers supporting the Speed Test have this feature in the QoS Web UI area. Routers like the OP's R6020 not supporting QoS don't have a Speed Test feature in the Web UI - therefore my recursion is that if the feature is not available in the Web UI (along with the QoS controls) it's not available in the Nighthawk App, too.

Well, in a way it makes me happy that at least some of the API seem to communicate properly between the App(s) and the router 8-)

Message 8 of 10

@schumaku wrote:

When I have it right, the Nighthawk routers supporting the Speed Test have this feature in the QoS Web UI area.

The question was about the mobile app, in particular the iPhone app.

That does not need to do anything more clever than connecting to Speedtest.net.

Message 9 of 10
schumaku
Guru

@michaelkenward wrote:

@schumaku wrote:

When I have it right, the Nighthawk routers supporting the Speed Test have this feature in the QoS Web UI area.

The question was about the mobile app, in particular the iPhone app.

That does not need to do anything more clever than connecting to Speedtest.net.

Again: Routers without QoS don't have the Speedtest implemented - neither on the Web UI, nor can it become magically become available on the App. How difficult is this to understand my friend?

Anfd again: The Speedtest is not impemented on the App - the Speedtest (where it's becoming available as on most Nighthawk routers) is implemented on the router. For once we're not facing an iOS Nighthapw (or Genie) App interop issue 8-)

I understand Netgear customers are confused. And I'm not protecting Netgear for doing ugly things: It's just another confusing "design" desicion - by far not the only one. Netgear is loosing this business completely, leading edge RAX80/RAX120 got features removed which used to be standard for years, from the basic el-cheepo up to the most expensive consumer Nighthawk.

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7