Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Security Updates via Nighthawk

JLRRLJ
Aspirant

Security Updates via Nighthawk

I am trying to update my MR60 and MS60 over Nighthawk since I won't have physical access for a month. It says they are up to date even though they are at least 2 versions behind. I entered a support call and was told they will release the updates eventually. It's been over a month. Extremely dissatisfied with Netgear. Not releasing a critical security update.
Any other way to get my system updated besides on site?

Thanks
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Security Updates via Nighthawk

Not unless you have something/someone at the residence that could run something like team viewer. Then you could remote in and update the satellites first and then the router. 

Message 2 of 4
JLRRLJ
Aspirant

So I get another announcement that a security update is required.  Of course 2 months later its still not available over Nighthawk.

I can no longer access the system over Nighthawk, even though I can access my thermostat, so I am assuming its hacked.

Thanks Netgear.

If you are going to publish a patch, publish it to all update mechanisms.  Don't make Nighthawk a second citizen.  

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

FYI: 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Mesh-System/bd-p/en-home-nighthawk-mesh-system

@JLRRLJ wrote:
I am trying to update my MR60 and MS60 over Nighthawk since I won't have physical access for a month. It says they are up to date even though they are at least 2 versions behind. I entered a support call and was told they will release the updates eventually. It's been over a month. Extremely dissatisfied with Netgear. Not releasing a critical security update.
Any other way to get my system updated besides on site?

Thanks

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7