Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Setting up the app

MatthewRosen-Ma
Initiate

Setting up the app

I have tried to set up Nighthawk router and install App on my phone.  The router is working fine with two laptops.  But the App is saying Router not Found even though the phone is showing as connected to Netgear32.  Then it says Cables not Connected. but the cables are connected. I try again and nothing changes. 

I think I have managed to access the router via  http://192.168.1.1/ although I am not sure if this the gateway for the existing router or the nighthawk (on the Gateway the router is Cobalt 18.3).

I want to use a VPN and need Nighthawk or other compatible router for this.  I just want something simple and easy to use.  So far not been the case with Nighthawk.

Any advice appreciated.

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: Setting up the app

@MatthewRosen-Ma wrote:

I think I have managed to access the router via  http://192.168.1.1/ although I am not sure if this the gateway for the existing router or the nighthawk (on the Gateway the router is Cobalt 18.3).

What does that mean?

What is this "gateway". Another router?

What is "Cobalt 18.3"?

@MatthewRosen-Ma wrote:

I want to use a VPN and need Nighthawk or other compatible router for this.  I just want something simple and easy to use.  So far not been the case with Nighthawk.

What do you mean by Nighthawk here? The router or the app you have installed? Where possible avoid the app for doing anything complicated, like setting up and managing a VPN. Use the browser graphical user interface (GUI).

From treading around here it seems that playing with VPNs is never simple. There are many different VCNs that work in different ways. Some require you to install customised firmware. Not all routers can do that and the VPN makers don't support every router in the market.

Start with your choice of VPN. Then work out how to get it to work on your network.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7