Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Since V1.0.3.32_1.1.21 Genius Android App corrupts the Router configuration, then continuous Reboot

David_FR
Tutor

Since V1.0.3.32_1.1.21 Genius Android App corrupts the Router configuration, then continuous Reboot

Since I upgraded to this version it is the 3 rd time this issue happens to me.

The issue always start the same way: The genius application don't show anymore the parental control, try to activate it, but no way.

The router ten keeps on rebooting.

To stop that need to remove the internet cable (the one coming from the dsl modem). No more reboots the wifi is up.

As soon as we plug the cable then continuous reboot.

Remove the cable, then goes back to normal but without internet.

I saved the faulty configuration: NETGEAR_Nighthawk X6 R8000QOS_Issue.cfg

I loaded some on my initial configuration file NETGEAR_Nighthawk X6 R8000QOSControl.cfg, that I saved after rebuilding it from scratches.

then connected the internet, then it was all ok.

Wanted to test if there was a config issue, I reloaded the config with the Issue, then the problem appeared again

I have both files if they are needed at some point.

Genius is corrupting the configuration...

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 2
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Since V1.0.3.32_1.1.21 Genius Android App corrupts the Router configuration, then continuous ...

Hi @David_FR,

It is possible that the initial cfg file that you saved has a compatibility issue with the latest firmware. It is best that you had the router reconfigured and not load the previous cfg file. Also, we highly recommend performing a factory reset after updating the router's firmware.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7