Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

The Nighthawk App will not pause internet

skivtnow
Follower

The Nighthawk App will not pause internet

I have a new RAX45 Nighthawk Router and I am unable to pause the internet for the deivces on my network. I have the latest version of the Nighthawk App, and I downloaded the most recent firmware for this router (1.0.4.100). I also have rebooted the router and it still will not pause devices.

I bought this router for the purported strong parental control features but it is dissapointing that it is not working. Is there a fix for this? I was about to purchase the annual Parent Controls but if it can't be fixed, then I'm afraid I'll have to return this device.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: The Nighthawk App will not pause internet

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Nighthawk App product. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Nighthawk App and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general router" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-App/bd-p/en-home-networking-apps

Thank you.

Message 2 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update?

@skivtnow wrote:

I have a new RAX45 Nighthawk Router and I am unable to pause the internet for the deivces on my network. I have the latest version of the Nighthawk App, and I downloaded the most recent firmware for this router (1.0.4.100). I also have rebooted the router and it still will not pause devices.

I bought this router for the purported strong parental control features but it is dissapointing that it is not working. Is there a fix for this? I was about to purchase the annual Parent Controls but if it can't be fixed, then I'm afraid I'll have to return this device.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Message 3 of 6
Auzziemate
Aspirant

I am unable to pause / control any gadgets at home.

Purchased this router for the sake of parental control but it keeps on failing.

Any help?

Message 4 of 6
Cobberdb
Aspirant

I also have this problem and they don't seem to be able to fix it. It is very frustrating! Im almost at the point of taking back the router to the store and demanding a refund.

Message 5 of 6
Auzziemate
Aspirant

What a waste of time and money with Netgear!

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7