Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

The Nighthawk app on my iPhone and Genie on my laptop no longer recognize my R7900P as supported

SergioNJ
Aspirant

The Nighthawk app on my iPhone and Genie on my laptop no longer recognize my R7900P as supported

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
SergioNJ
Aspirant

Re: The Nighthawk app on my iPhone and Genie on my laptop no longer recognize my R7900P as supported

Thank you very  much for your reply.  The router was still working but was being treated as generic and referred to in the network map by its IP address. I was able to resolve the issue by rebooting the cable modem and removing the ethernet cable to the router, then rebooting the router and reconnecting. At that point Genie on my laptop recognized the router as a 7900P, and so did Nighthawk on my iPhone. (I am aware that the Genie app on the iPhone no longer supports the 7900 and Nighthawk is used instead.)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: The Nighthawk app on my iPhone and Genie on my laptop no longer recognize my R7900P as supported

Hi @SergioNJ, welcome to the community! The R7900P is among the models that support the Nighthawk app. Please make sure that it is setup in router mode and not on AP mode. The Genie app has been replaced by the Nighthawk app for this model.

Dexter

Message 2 of 3
SergioNJ
Aspirant

Thank you very  much for your reply.  The router was still working but was being treated as generic and referred to in the network map by its IP address. I was able to resolve the issue by rebooting the cable modem and removing the ethernet cable to the router, then rebooting the router and reconnecting. At that point Genie on my laptop recognized the router as a 7900P, and so did Nighthawk on my iPhone. (I am aware that the Genie app on the iPhone no longer supports the 7900 and Nighthawk is used instead.)

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7