Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: The update is not working with the nighthawk app

UserRax200
Aspirant

The update is not working with the nighthawk app

The update is not working with the nighthawk app. First it detected the update ( 1.0.10.140.xyz), tried to apply it, failed. I rebooted the device using the reboot function, check again for firmware update, none (it shows v1.0.6.138).

The app is almost useless it's full of bugs.

Message 1 of 6
Ivan813
Star

For updates use a pc hardwire to the router for better results i only use the app to check if devices are connected and for the wifi analyser

Message 2 of 6
UserRax200
Aspirant

I agree but the option to update is available within the app. It should work.

Especially that I'm not home at the moment so wired update is not an option currently.

I just wont be able to update for now.

Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

What actual router do you have? 

I'd highly recommend against updating with the app. 

when we see corrupt firmware issues, its usually related to someone updating using the app or updating over wifi. 

So you'll see us on the forums only recommending updating using a hardwired connection

Message 4 of 6
UserRax200
Aspirant

Rax200.
Again, I understand but the option is available from the app and it was practical in my current situation.
That is why I tried it.
I am aware since a while that the app is buggy and cannot be trusted, stupidly I still tried hoping it was better.
Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

Seems like the app goes through phases of being decent and solid, and then total BS. And you don't really know which it is until it corrupts your devices. Which is why you won't see us recommending updating firmware on it 🙂 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7