Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Turn WiFi off for selected users?

Kepyslap
Aspirant

Turn WiFi off for selected users?

Wanted to know if there is a way I can turn WiFi off for certain devices (my son’s iPhone) but still have remainder of house connected to WiFi!
Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
TheEther
Guru

Re: Turn WiFi off for selected users?

You can use MAC address Access Control to blacklist his iPhone's MAC address. You can find it under ADVANCED > Security > Access Control.

The problem, however, is that your son may still be able to access the Internet through a cellular data connection. To truly shut down his Internet access, you will need to block that, too. Many ISPs have the ability to selectively shut off cellular data, although they may charge you extra for that feature.

Finally, if there are any open Wi-Fi networks nearby, then you are SOL. The best solution may be parental prerogative rather than a technical one.
Message 2 of 4
Kepyslap
Aspirant

This  is great information and I thank you!  The only problem is that I am having trouble finding the location that you have directed me to. I am using the genie app and can't find the advanced/security/access control location. Any suggestions?

Thank you 

Message 3 of 4
TheEther
Guru

I've never used the Genie app, so I can't help you with that.

Just log into the router with a web browser. The default address is 192.168.1.1.

Or you can try visiting http://routerlogin.com. This should actually go to your own router. You must be connected to the router's Wi-Fi or one of its LAN ports for this to work.
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7