Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to Login to Netgear Nighthawk App Using iPhone

dprobkw
Aspirant

Unable to Login to Netgear Nighthawk App Using iPhone

I am currently unable to login to my Netgear Nighthaw app via my iPhone.  Firmware up to date and had already uninstalled/installed Netgear app.  Router is working fine and I am able to log-in using my desktop but keep getting the message "Session timed out please try again" when using my phone app.  Router not in AP mode and "Local Network" is enabled.  When I try again, the "Logon timed out, please try again" appears.

This has been going on for 3 weeks now. 

I have also reset my router 2 times, changed my password to default and then to different password 4 times. I have tested with no internet and with internet while connected to my local network. I have ensured firewall is off and on for testing.  I have banged my head on the wall just in case it would help.  🙂

I  have searched the forums and it appears there have been alot of issues but no resolutions within the last 2 years.

Any helpful suggestions will be very much appreciated!

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 1 of 10
plemans
Guru

Re: Unable to Login to Netgear Nighthawk App Using iPhone

have you tried a differet phone? 

Message 2 of 10
dprobkw
Aspirant

I have. I tried with my old 6splus and another iPhone 11 Pro. Still didn’t work. Sorry I forgot to post it.
Message 3 of 10
plemans
Guru

Its a bit odd that everything works but the app. and it not working on both android and iOS. 

Message 4 of 10
dprobkw
Aspirant

Yes it is odd . It appears others had the same issue last year and no solution was posted and the post was closed due to lack of responses.
Message 5 of 10
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @dprobkw, we'd like to know the following.

What is the exact firmware version of the R7800?

Does the issue persist with older firmware versions?

What is the iOS version of your phones?

Do you have an Android device to test it with? Does the issue persist on that as well?

Dexter

NETGEAR Team

Message 6 of 10
rpschult
Aspirant

I have been having the same timeout error for a month or so too.  I finally decided to figure it out.  I did all the delete and reload the app, check firmware, reboot multiple times,etc.  What finally fixed mine was to reset the modem to factor default settings, reboot, re-enter all my personal stuff and it works like a charm again.  good luck!

Message 7 of 10
dprobkw
Aspirant

Yes, Ive tried 2 different phones and tried and android. Same issue. I also ensured my ip was not masked on iphones.. 

Message 8 of 10
dprobkw
Aspirant

Everything is up to date on firmware and the app was working with 2 versions ago on the router.  I have thought about falling back to a different firmware but with all the netgear ddos attacks lately not sure im ready to risk it for the app. 

Message 9 of 10

@dprobkw wrote:

Everything is up to date on firmware and the app was working with 2 versions ago on the router.

I wonder if this is another of those side effects of the iPhones ever changing mac address.

@dprobkw wrote:

....but with all the netgear ddos attacks lately not sure im ready to risk it for the app. 

Almost certainly nothing to do with firmware and probably "fake news", as various presidents past and present would have it.

Netgear's firmware is great at creating false reports of DoS attacks. Many of them are no such thing.

Search - NETGEAR Communities – DoS attacks

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7