Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to Register Product - Already Registered

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Unable to Register Product - Already Registered

Hi,

I have recently installed the Nighthawk app and when I try to enable Remote Management it says my device is already registered with another account. I have also logged into MyNETGEAR and tried to register my device and it says "This serial number is already registered to another customer. Please email NETGEAR support Customer.service@netgear.com for help."

I tried to email customer service a couple of times with no reply. I have read some other threads and support seem to be able to fix the issue if it's posted here. Please help.

Thanks
Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
Kevin_Edwin
Tutor

Re: Unable to Register Product - Already Registered

Thanks @Christian_R 

Netgear support did contact me. 

In my case, it appears i had registered the router under a different email address - which i picked up when Netgear support responded to me on that email address (Telling me they could not find anything wrong Smiley Happy 

I now need to manage the router remotely using one email address and use the other for everything else - which is ok.

Not sure if i can actually mark this thread as closed or solved. But that was a quick turnaround !

Kevin

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 9

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

@Christian_R please.

Message 2 of 9
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello m1nt, 

Welcome to the Community! Please send me a private message with your email address and serial number and I can forward it to our Customer Care for assistance.

Christian 

Message 3 of 9
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Thanks guys! Customer Service have finally replied - must have seen this haha. I'll post back if there are any issues.

Message 4 of 9
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hi @Christian_R

I haven't heard from customer care again - they seem to have dopped of the earth. Can you please help? I have PM'ed you my info.

Thanks heaps!

Message 5 of 9
Kevin_Edwin
Tutor

Hi all

I purchased this device in Aug 2016 and have the latest firmware.

I am trying to enable remote management - for a simple reason - the USB connected to it for some reason ocassionally does not get recognised. I need to reset/reboot and it comes back again. So i am hoping by remote management, when i am travelling, i can reboot the router to fix the issue - if it occurs. 

I have the same issue of it being registered previously. I have always used the same Netgear account so cannot say i have used another account.

Would someone be able to help. Thanks

Kevin

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 6 of 9
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Kevin_Edwin, 

Thank you for taking the time to post. I can certainly assist with getting you some help. Please send me a private message with the following info. 

Email Address:

Serial Number: 

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 7 of 9
Kevin_Edwin
Tutor

Thanks @Christian_R 

Netgear support did contact me. 

In my case, it appears i had registered the router under a different email address - which i picked up when Netgear support responded to me on that email address (Telling me they could not find anything wrong Smiley Happy 

I now need to manage the router remotely using one email address and use the other for everything else - which is ok.

Not sure if i can actually mark this thread as closed or solved. But that was a quick turnaround !

Kevin

Message 8 of 9
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Kevin, 

Happy to hear support was able to get in contacted with you. I have marked your latest response as solved 🙂 

Have a great day!

Christian 

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7