Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Unable to connect to router from Mobile App

brad789
Tutor

Unable to connect to router from Mobile App

Hello,

I am using a Nighthawk R7900P router with firmware: V1.4.1.68_1.3.28 . I received this firmware as update 2-3 months ago. Post firmware upgrade, I am unable to connect to router from my iPhone Nighthawk App. Its keep circling and getting disconnected.

If I restart the router, I will be able to connect for the first time but options are not responsive. Tried app re-install and also the router reset. At this moment the app is not useful anymore for me, only web based is working.

Looking for some help!

Thanks!

Model: R7900P|Nighthawk X6S AC3000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
brad789
Tutor

Exactly, I downloaded from Netgear Download center: https://www.netgear.com/support/product/R7900P.aspx#download and applied the update via PC.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7

All Replies
TarugoKing
Aspirant

Ha! I thought I'm the only one. Good thing I searched first.

I have the exact same issue after firmware update to V1.4.1.68_1.3.28 a couple of weeks back. Web via PC works fine but the app doesn't connect.

My router has an AP connected to it. I can connect to the AP with the app but never to the router. When I try switching to the router, I get "Device is offline" message..

Have you gotten any update on a fix so far?

Model: R7900P|Nighthawk X6S AC3000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 2 of 7
brad789
Tutor

My issue has been fixed, by getting the firmware downloaded from the website, then flashed the router with the downloaded file.

Once flashed, I was able to connect to my router from Netgear Nighthawk app without any issues.

Message 3 of 7
TarugoKing
Aspirant

GTK but just to make sure, you meant download the same firmware and update the router via PC?  

Message 4 of 7

This section exists to ask about the Nighthawk App. It isn't the best place to get help with firmware updates.

You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your hardware, in the appropriate section for your device. That's probably here:

Nighthawk WiFi Routers

The firmware for the R7900P comes up there pretty often.

Message 5 of 7
brad789
Tutor

Exactly, I downloaded from Netgear Download center: https://www.netgear.com/support/product/R7900P.aspx#download and applied the update via PC.

Message 6 of 7

@brad789 wrote:

That's the way to do it.

Thanks for the feedback.

For others in the same boat:

How do I manually upgrade firmware to my NETGEAR router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7