Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Unable to get through the app set

itspirrip
Aspirant

Unable to get through the app set

I got this router to pair with my att router but its not working

mwCNpeE

I updated the wifi credential, and tried again and again... it doesnt work and my router is not working.

There's a red light in the internet section

GZvhURT

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 11

@itspirrip wrote:

I got this router to pair with my att router but its not working

You don't say which "router pair" you got (Netgear has a useful link that you can click to add this detail), or what the ATT router is, but "not working" is pretty well what you expect if you pile router on router.

Two routers on your network can cause headaches. For example, you can end up with local address problems. Among other things, the other router can misdirect addresses that the Netgear router usually handles, such as routerlogin.net or the usual IP address for a router, 192.168.1.1.

This explains some of the other drawbacks.

What is Double NAT? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Unless you have specific reasons for using two routers – to create two separate networks for example – it is often easier to use just one router and then to set up the second router as a wifi access point. Netgear advises this, as does just about every site you will visit.

It may be possible to put the modem/router – if that is what you have – into modem only (bridge) mode and then to use the second device as the router. But some Internet service providers, such as BT in the UK, supply modem/routers that won't work in bridge mode. There may be ways to get the modem/router to cooperate. Sometimes it is easier to put the second router into AP mode. But that has its own drawbacks:

Disabled Features on the Router when set to AP Mode | Answer | NETGEAR Support

All this is guesswork based on not having any idea of the equipment you own.

Message 2 of 11
itspirrip
Aspirant

The ATT router is BGW210.

In the netgear manual it askes me to connect to my main ISP router and use WAN cable to connect to the netgear router. I tried connecting the phone/internet cable to the "wan" port on netgear and it did not work, so I plugged this cable back to my att router and did what was instructed to do on the manual which is make a connection from the ISP router using WAN port from the att router and plug that to the wan port from netgear router.

Message 3 of 11

@itspirrip wrote:

The ATT router is BGW210.

That is a modem/router (gateway). Adding a router to that is likely to cause the problems I linked to in my first answer.

We still don't know what Netgear device you are using, but the answer is the same for most routers.

How to fix issues with Double NAT | Answer | NETGEAR Support

You are not the first one to come across this issue:

att bgw210 bridge mode - Google Search

Here is something on the AT&T forum:

?How do I configure AT&T BGW210 in bridge mode? | AT&T Community Forums

Message 4 of 11
itspirrip
Aspirant

AC1750 smart WiFi Router

the phone/internet cable doesn't work on this router, it says to use "wan," i googled it and its a rj45 cable. I used the wan port on both routers to make the connection but it doesn't work.

Message 5 of 11

This doesn't seem to have much to do with my reply to your first message.

You haven't answered the question about which Netgear device you have. It matters. That picture could be a router. It could be a modem/router.

To connect the unknown (to us) Netgear device to the Internet, you need to plug a cable from an Ethernet port on your gateway (modem/router) into the WAN port of the Netgear router. Which Ethernet port you use on the gateway shouldn't matter. It won't have a "WAN"  port.

You plug the cable from the wall socket from the Internet into the appropriate Internet port on the back of the gateway.

But you may not get very far unless you fix the NAT issue that I mentioned earlier.

@itspirrip wrote:

the phone/internet cable doesn't work on this router, it says to use "wan," i googled it and its a rj45 cable. I used the wan port on both routers to make the connection but it doesn't work.

The RJ45 cable is an Ethernet cable. It is not the same thing as the cable you need to connect a gateway to a cable Internet service or to a DSL service on a telephone line.

We don't know what sort of Internet you have – cable, DSL or optical –so who knows what this phone/internet cable is. You canlt plug the router, if that is what the Netgear thing is, into the phone line. It needs a modem for that. That is what your BGW210 is for.

You'll have to work out how to plug the gateway into whatever delivers you the Internet.

Message 6 of 11
itspirrip
Aspirant

AC1750 smart WiFi Router

I have DSL

Message 7 of 11

@itspirrip wrote:

AC1750 smart WiFi Router

I have DSL

AC1750  is not a Netgear model number.

AC1750 is not a reliable guide to model number. Many devices come with an AC tag, but it is essentially a label that Netgear, and other brands, attach to hardware to describe wifi speeds.

Look at the label on the device for the model number.

If you are using whatever the "AC1750" is to connect to the Internet, then it is not a modem/router rather then a plain router. It doesn't look like that. No DSL LED.

So, is that what the BGW210 is for?

If so, either put the BGW210 into bridge mode (see above) or the Netgear router into AP mode.

How do I change my NETGEAR router to AP mode? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Message 8 of 11
itspirrip
Aspirant

Sorry, the model is R6700v2 for netgear.

Message 9 of 11

@itspirrip wrote:

Sorry, the model is R6700v2 for netgear.

To avoid conflicts between your modem/router, you could put the BGW210 into bridge mode (see above) or the Netgear R6700v2 router into AP mode.

How do I change my NETGEAR router to AP mode? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

You could also forget about using the Nighthawk app to set up the router. Do it with the browser graphical user interface (GUI).

How do I log in to my NETGEAR wireless router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Your first message shows that the router is not connecting to the Internet. Before you try that, put the BGW210 into bridge mode. Then add the router.

Message 10 of 11
itspirrip
Aspirant

i dont know how to do bridge, the internet light on my netgear router is now blinking white instead of solid red/orange. i clicked the links you provided but it leads to download the app to set up the router, it is still not working...im still getting the configuration error on the app and when i tried to connect the netgear router wifi, the internet is not working.

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7