Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Update to the latest Nighthawk App (formerly NETGEAR Up) WiFi Simplified

Obiwan_
Apprentice

I have pause/ resume slide buttons for each device but if I try and disable anything, it says "TRY AGAIN LATER". There must be a MAGIC 8 BALL inside.
Model: R7900|Nighthawk X6 AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
Message 26 of 64
PerfectRed
Tutor

How did you get the buttons to even appear? The header is there for me, but I have no buttons to slide.

Thanks for responding!
Message 27 of 64
Obiwan_
Apprentice

Nighthawk.jpgThe screen is just there. I have a R7900P.. I think you have an R8000. Netgear, as good as it was.... needs to get it together. The buttons are there... but they don't do anything. Might as well not even show up.

Message 28 of 64
Obiwan_
Apprentice

I just uninstalled and reinstalled the app and the device connect/disconnect started working.The speed test still does not work.

Message 29 of 64
Archie-17
Aspirant

我来自中国。

这个APP怎么下载呢?

Model: R8500|Nighthawk X8 Tri-Band AC5300 WiFi Router
Message 30 of 64
kboy24
Apprentice

Where the hell are you Tech Dudes Hiding?  This is crazy ya just blow us off like this with no support let alone any responses. Geezz, Just take a guess ya know? ANYTHING???  Quit playing those Damn video games get off your dead asses and get back to work already. Ya want a job for dummies go to Google or Utube and play all day long kiddies. This is BS!! How come nobodies pissed off yet? I never had these problems at Linksys and now I got over 600.00 invested in your hardware. How about some firmware that works?

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 31 of 64
DesMoines
Guide

It appears you have no intention to address my concern!!! I'm very disappointed in this level of customer awareness

Message 32 of 64
kboy24
Apprentice

Thank God DesMoines is with me!!  Ya finally get pissed Des?  I'm 65 years and I have NEVER been blown off like this from such a big Manufactuerer. It's like "**bleep** You Customers, Ya bugging us!!" This country has become such wienies, We'll take any BS any crap company gives us. Use to be we were the best around and now, well ya see what's happening here. Laters, K

Message 33 of 64

@DesMoines wrote:

It appears you have no intention to address my concern!!! I'm very disappointed in this level of customer awareness

You should know that this community is essentially a user-to-user venue with some input from a small band of Netgear techies.

Most of the answers come from fellow users who have no connection with Netgear. They just have a lot of collective experience and are familiar with the sort of problems that turn up here.

If you want "official" support then you should go through the right channels.

Contact Us | Support | NETGEAR

Message 34 of 64
kboy24
Apprentice

Then why is this called support!! Now I know why nothing it seems gets fixed here. Gracias for the Heads Up. Maybe a disclaimer would help. I didn't realize I was wasting my time here on this issue.

Message 35 of 64

@kboy24 wrote:

Then why is this called support!!

It isn't really. It is a subset of the wider support site.

The top of this page

Support | NETGEAR

has two clear "forks". They are Support and Community. This is the community bit.

Whether or not you are wasting your time, only you can  tell. A lot of people manage to sort out problems with the help of the, mostly friendly, volunteers. But there are always some issues that aren't amenable to that treatment, not to mention some people who want, or expect, personal attention from Netgear's own crew. It is just quicker to start here before escalating a problem.

There's probably a disclaimer somewhere. In the bottom of a filing cabinet in a room with a "beware the leopard" sign on the door.

Message 36 of 64

@kboy24 wrote:

Now I know why nothing it seems gets fixed here.

Try looking for the Solved tags on messages. You may be a disatisfied customer, but other people seem to appreciate the free help they get from unpaid volunteers.

Message 37 of 64
kboy24
Apprentice

Alright ya scolded me enough.Pull Up there Maverick. Do all these other disatisfied customers know about these volunteers? Why don't you give it a shot Superstar? It ain't solved yet or is anyone even bothering with it?

Message 38 of 64

I'm afraid your problem got lost in the noise.

The Nighthawk app works fine here, but it seems to be a pointless tool that does nothing that I cannot achieve more easily with the browser interface, which is what most experienced troubleshooters recommend when setting up and managing a router.

The Android genie continues to be a better mobile controller.

Message 39 of 64
kboy24
Apprentice

Muchas Gracias SuperStar. More Noise. Isn't there someone you could be kinda helping instead of pissing on my leg

Message 40 of 64
DesMoines
Guide

Thank you for your reply .. I was obviously not aware -- the site address sure looks like something that would belong to NETGEAR -- don't remember how it was I landed here.

Message 41 of 64

It does belong to Netgear. In this case, the first message in this discussion was from one of Netgear's small band of overworked hired hands.

But many IT businesses, including some Internet service providers, host forums that are effectively in the hands of other users. I guess it gets them free labour from suckers who are prepared to put up with being shouted at by people who don't realise that they are just insulting fellow customers.

Message 42 of 64
kboy24
Apprentice

Hey Dude, I apologized once and thanked you for the helpful info. I didn't disparage anyone but Netgears non response to these. Now I know why.  So wrap it up and go help someone that needs you or we can do this forever if ya like. LOL..

Message 43 of 64
Vinstrong
Tutor

For some reason the nighthawk appstates "Wifi router not supported"

Picture is of my nighthawk, and below it it states :D7000"

WTF???

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 44 of 64
ScottandKaren
Initiate

Can someone please help me. I have downlaoded the Nighthawk app. I am trying to set up the app and it keeps asking me for my Username and Password for netgear because my firmware is out of date. I put in my username, got it from netgear, I even put in passwords that I had down as my password. Didnt work, so I made a new password. Still cant get past that question!

So frustrated!!!

Thank you

Model: R6400|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 45 of 64
Obiwan_
Apprentice

Use the username and password that you use to login to the router. The default username is admin
Message 46 of 64

... and the default password is, get this, password.

If that does not work then someone has changed the password.

The only way to recover is to find out password or factory reset the thing to get you back to the defaults.

They are also on the device itself.

Message 47 of 64
kboy24
Apprentice

That's just not true. There are lots of people who can't login via that app to their router.

Message 48 of 64

@kboy24 wrote:

That's just not true. There are lots of people who can't login via that app to their router.

No idea what that refers to or what you deem to be "just not true". Believe me, the default password is password – look at the label and check the manuals – so that bit is true.

But if you have a problem, explain it and someone might have ideas.

Message 49 of 64
kboy24
Apprentice

In regards to the "password" People have been trying to log into that app since it came out with any password including the default and it still don't work is what I was referring to. Myself included.

Message 50 of 64
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7