Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Update to the latest Nighthawk App (formerly NETGEAR Up) WiFi Simplified

@kboy24 wrote:

In regards to the "password" People have been trying to log into that app since it came out with any password including the default and it still don't work is what I was referring to.

That is not the same thing as saying that the password is wrong.

The password may be correct but the app will not login.

That's a very different issue.

We still don't know what is "not true".

Message 51 of 64
Pntsharma
Guide

Kindly add a toggle for LED lights to be controlled. Cheers!

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 52 of 64
BaJohn
Virtuoso

... and now for something positive.
I have the R8500 and I was interested in the App as I was wondering whether my 'bad link' in the chain was my WiFi in the house or maybe the feed into the house.
I normally get 100 - 120 Mbps on a good day and the PC setup correctly, yet my Internet supplier says the line is 200 Mbps.
My PC (main computer) for complicated reasons which I will not go into here, is a long way from the Router and through 2 sets of cavity walls at an angle. The signal at the PC is listed as 100% or near most of the time.
After installing the App on my phone it worked first time and the speed test gave a download speed of 215 Mbps, which it has also consistently given since installing it.
Hence the App has helped me identify the WiFi link internally as the restriction, which is as I thought.

So some good news.
From the App 'About' button it says App Version 2.1.3.3, Firmware Version 1.0.2.122, Model Number R8500.

Model: R8500|Nighthawk X8 Tri-Band AC5300 WiFi Router
Message 53 of 64

I had the mygenie app was forced to update. Big mistake! The mygenie app was great. I knew who was on and where at all times and could shut whoever down at anytime. It was great! This nighthawk app is extremely limited with few items working within the app. Very frustrating!!! Thanx for less that doesn’t work. Want my genie back!
Message 54 of 64

@LuvnlightCreek wrote:
I had the mygenie app was forced to update.

Which "mygenie app" is that?

The Netgear Genie and the Nighthawk App both happily work side by side in Android.

Message 55 of 64
jdeleon6
Aspirant

I have this same problem. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app several times and still no switches.

Message 56 of 64
jdeleon6
Aspirant

The pause/resume buttons do not show up. I have uninstalled and reinstalled many times and still no buttons. Help please!The pause/resume buttons do not show up. I have uninstalled and reinstalled many times and still no buttons. Help please!

Message 57 of 64
schumaku
Guru

Hard to say what "this same" problem is. Subject says "Update to the latest Nighthawk App (formerly NETGEAR Up) WiFi Simplified" do this does not look like a problem. What problem (as no NTGR moderator has managed to make your in-line photo accessible 24+ hours later) please - router not supported, any password oddities, ...?

Message 58 of 64
kboy24
Apprentice

Finally got that DD-WRT firmware off my box and got to download the lasted Netgear firmware loaded. Both Apps work great now. Major Pain though.
Message 59 of 64
Xago
Guide

I can’t find a way to “pause/resume” the Internet to any device. The “pause/resume” option not showing.

IOS 11.4.1
Nighthawk (formerly Up)
Version 2.2.5.28

pic.jpg

Message 60 of 64
schumaku
Guru

@Xago wrote:

IOS 11.4.1
Nighthawk (formerly Up)
Version 2.2.5.28 

Same versions, X, however against a R9000 v1.0.4.3RC2 - the control sliders show up here:

IMG-20180810-WA0004_crop.png

Are there no attached device names to the left side, or has the screenshot been edited?

If there is nothing shown, this might be related to the random problems (far to) many users see on Attached Devices and related functionality / controls.

Message 61 of 64
Xago
Guide

@schumaku wrote:

If there is nothing shown, this might be related to the random problems (far to) many users see on Attached Devices and related functionality / controls.

I altered the picture… sorry not mention it

Message 62 of 64
kboy24
Apprentice

Maybe ya need to click on one of the devices first? 

Message 63 of 64

@schumaku wrote:

Indeed. Recent firmware updates seem to be causing problems with various devices.

Message 64 of 64
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7