Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Updated firmware and now R7000 is not supported?

Roberteddy
Aspirant

Updated firmware and now R7000 is not supported?

Received an email from netgear saying there was a security update in the latest firmware and I needed to download the nighthawk app and update my router. So I did. The app hung on my iphone. So I left my iphone running overnight. In the morning, still hung.  
So I power cycled the router and I got rid of that nighthawk app. Genie was working fine, I don't know why I'm supposed to use yet another app.

So I don't know if the update was successful or not because now I can't log into my router over wifi to check the firmware version.
I've got connectivity, I'm connected via wifi, but Genie says the router is unsupported. If I bring up genie, everything looks good until I hit router settings, then it won't take my login and says my router isn't supported.

Sorry for the redundancy. But hey, this nighthawk app is redundant too, so **bleep** for tat I guess.

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: Updated firmware and now R7000 is not supported?

What do the LEDs on the R7000 look like?

Particularly the power LED.

This can tell us if the firmware was updated or if it failed in mid flash.

@Roberteddy wrote:

Genie was working fine, I don't know why I'm supposed to use yet another app.

You don't have to use the nasty Nighthawk thing. The iThing genie is fine, but experienced users don't like that either. They prefer updating firmware with a wired connection and a browser to get at the controls.

@Roberteddy wrote:

So I don't know if the update was successful or not because now I can't log into my router over wifi to check the firmware version.
I've got connectivity, I'm connected via wifi, but Genie says the router is unsupported. If I bring up genie, everything looks good until I hit router settings, then it won't take my login and says my router isn't supported.

Did you reset the router to factory settings after the firmware flash?

New firmware sometimes introduces changes that are not compatible with the old configuration.

So while it isn't guaranteed to fix problems a factory reset is the first thing to try if you have issues with new firmware.

This is a nuisance because you then have to reconfigure the device all over again.

You can backup your settings before you reset and restore them later. But that may just bring back the fault. Then again, at least you will know if the reset fixed the problem.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7