Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

[Voice Control] NETGEAR Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Tri-Band Wi-Fi Router (R8000)

[Voice Control] NETGEAR Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Tri-Band Wi-Fi Router (R8000)

Hi there,

I have a Google Home/Mini that I would like to add my Netgear Router to Device list.  I was searching around the Netgear site and have follow the steps described @ http://www.netgear.com/landings/google-assistant/

However, I am UNABLE to enable "Remote Access" within the Netgear Genie app, it asked me to login, after entered the logins it is at the page asking me to "Verify Email", we need you to confirm your email address.  

I am not receiving any emails to confirm my email address, I have tried to send many times and no luck, i checked my spam folder or any other sub folder but no luck.

The product is already registed in my acconut but I am unable to proceed it further (Enable Remote Access, not receiving an email from Netgear, but receiving Netgear Community updates, etc),

Has anyone run into this issue before?

Thanks 

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: [Voice Control] NETGEAR Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Tri-Band Wi-Fi Router (R8000)

@CutePapaya96 wrote:

However, I am UNABLE to enable "Remote Access" within the Netgear Genie app...

Which app? Desktop for your operating system? (Windows or Mac) Mobile device? (Android or iThing?)

The best place to start when setting up remote access is probably the browser interface.

There is a manual for the R8000 somewhere at the end of this link:

>>>>> R8000 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<<<

The first thing you have to do is to set up the router to allow remote access. See page 156 in the manual.

Page 157 tells you how to start the process that lets you "Remotely Access Your Router Using the genie App".

The product is already registed in my acconut but I am unable to proceed it further (Enable Remote Access, not receiving an email from Netgear, but receiving Netgear Community updates, etc),

Is that registered though a MyNetgear account?

There is a manual for the genie Mobile App somewhere at the end of this link:

>>>> genie Landing Page <<<<

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7