Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Which NETGEAR Genie is Lying?

BaJohn
Virtuoso

Which NETGEAR Genie is Lying?

I have used Netgear products for a long while and have used the Netgear Genie App for the same amount of time, which is several years. This app is currently at Vers 2.4.48. Recently I bought first a new Router the R8500 (Nighthawk X8 AC5300) followed by a new Adapter A7000 (Nighthawk AC1900) for my main computer (Win 10 64 bit). With the new Adapter was the Netgear Genie App for the adapter which is Vers 1.0.0.11.
Both of these Genies can be displayed on the screen at the same time and the Link rate in the original Genie (showing a complete map with 11 items attached) indicates 780 Mbps whilst the Genie specifically for the Adapter (showing only the PC attached) indicates 877 Mbps.

What is going on?

Message 1 of 2
BaJohn
Virtuoso

Re: Which NETGEAR Genie is Lying?

Just to add that The Network Genie is now showing a significant drop in Link rate down to 520 Mbps and the Adapter Genie varies by the second between 877 and 780 Mbps. We have quite a lot of contention on the WiFi here, about 20 to 25 networks at anyone time.

It may be of interest that my setup is using the 5 Mhz channel, which I thought would be much less a problem.

Possibly the data values displayed are the speeds at two different network layers.

This is NOT awe inspiring, but I would like to know what is causing the descrepancy.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7