Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: WiFi Analytics is Now Available in the Latest Android Nighthawk App!

Dustin_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

WiFi Analytics is Now Available in the Latest Android Nighthawk App!

WiFi Analytics is now available in the latest Android Nighthawk App! With this feature, you can check your network status, WiFi signal strength, channel interference, and much more. Test it out and let us know what you think.

Here’s a list of the functions:

• Signal Strength
  • Home Testing
  • Network Status
  • Channel Interference
  • Channel Graph
  • Signal Graph 

Click here to download the latest version of the Nighthawk App on your Android device.

Screen 2019-07-23 at 11.45.32 AM.pngScreen 2019-07-23 at 11.46.07 AM.pngScreen 2019-07-23 at 11.46.14 AM.png

Message 1 of 10
schumaku
Guru

Thank you @Dustin_V we spotted this already. The user base would prefer getting the Netgear Live Parental Controls (LPC) back (including the individual device profile and the bypass account) as it was available on Genie before support was dropped for to many Nighthawk routers - which still support LPC.  

Message 2 of 10

Did I also see fingerprint login enabled in there too?

Or has that always been present?

Message 3 of 10
schumaku
Guru

@michaelkenward wrote:

Did I also see fingerprint login enabled in there too? Or has that always been present?

It's around for some months/releases, one can enable Touch ID in the Account Management. The exact usage is unclear to me.

Funny part? Touch ID is an Apple registered trademark, not sure if Netgear can use this term e.g. here on the Android systems @ChristineT 

Message 4 of 10
CLUBUGLY
Tutor

Netgear - Request to add more icon support in Nighthawk app for “smart plugs, smart bulbs, smoke detectors, thermostats, and door bells”.

Please bring back Speedtest history log. The last update after a day or 2 the history completely  vanishes leaving us with nothing to compare one week or month to the next. 

Would also request a “Hot Spot with customizable agreement page/optional password feature. 

Message 5 of 10
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @CLUBUGLY, these are great suggestions! You can also have them posted on the link below.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Idea-Exchange-For-Home/idb-p/idea-exchange-for-home

Dexter

Message 6 of 10
schumaku
Guru

@CLUBUGLY wrote:

Request to add more icon support in Nighthawk app for “smart plugs, smart bulbs, smoke detectors, thermostats, and door bells”. 

Some newer routers models have added more device types/icons which are reflected in the Nighthawk App, too. So this happened to some limited extent already. What router model and firmware do you have?

@CLUBUGLY wrote:

Please bring back Speedtest history log. The last update after a day or 2 the history completely  vanishes leaving us with nothing to compare one week or month to the next.  

Looks to me like the last update (here 2.4.2.726 on Android) has changed the features around the Speedtest - and as part of this the existing history seems to have been dropped completely. For example, there is a chart - however, the chart is buggy, and does not reflect multiple tests within minutes or hours. The chart does only scale to days (and today it says 08/15 (what means something very different here in Europe - leaving alone that once more Netgear does fail to use date/time format settings of the mobile). When changing to the list view (Hamburger menu top right) to List view, todays tests are listed (again not in the date/time format set on the device). And hey Netgear: Mbps don't exist in ANY standardisation. These are either Mb/s or Mbit/s (and the later would make things clear for consumers!).

@CLUBUGLY wrote:

Would also request a “Hot Spot with customizable agreement page/optional password feature. 

While this would be nice for the Guest network indeed ... there are a zillion of issues, bugs, and features Netgear has to address and fix before before adding such nice features.

Message 7 of 10
CLUBUGLY
Tutor

Hey Dexter, can you confirm anyone from the team are reviewing features/bugs and taking them serious? The link you provided me appears to be consistent complaints from customers that ideas, features, and bugs are going ignored. That really saddens my heart to spend the kind of money I did on my router to only find out later that support and development is lacking. 😞

Message 8 of 10
schumaku
Guru

@CLUBUGLY  you can (among the complete Nighthawk App community threads) also start browsing my collection of issues with this App resp the interoperability with the managed router(s) -> https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-App/BUG-REPORT-Speed-Test-Information-Home-Screen-Wrong-S...

PS. You still have not reported which router model, and t's firmware version you are referencing to. Issues and potential limitations (like your list of attached device icons) are related to the router firmware model and firmware version. And to make it worse - find the the proof provided in the link referred that the Nighthawk App devices icons don't match the selection e.g. on the ones available on the R9000/R8900 Web UI.

Message 9 of 10
schumaku
Guru

@CLUBUGLY FWIW - the Nighthawk App seems to retain the history data beyond of 24 hours, device restart ... - at least since the recent App update - here on my Android 10 (Beta) Pixel 2.

Message 10 of 10
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7