Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WiFi extender with parental control

gyp
Follower
Follower

WiFi extender with parental control

Hi

I am looking for a wifi extender with parental control. Below are the features that I am looking for;

1. the device can be plugged or hard wired to a plug

2. to connect with existing wifi is just to connect to the device via mobile app or computer because the existing internet isn't mine, its from the main house owner upstairs.

3. the parental controls are as follows; i could set two wifi set up that one is time restricted from day to day eg. for sunday-thursday close from 9pm to 9am the next day. and on a friday to saturday a different time range.

please let me know what product you have fits me best.. I really need to control the internet usage of my kids.

cheers..

gyp

Message 1 of 2

Re: WiFi extender with parental control

wrote:

Hi

I am looking for a wifi extender with parental control.

After a quick search manuals for extenders, I think you will find that extenders don't do Parental Controls.

This feature is in the world of routers and modem/routers. The extender – be it an wired access point or a wifi repeater – just feeds what it gets from the router. That is where the control happens.

And no, you can't put a router into AP mode and get it to control things. Doing that disables Parental Controls.

So, if your router already comes with parental controls, that will  control your kids' the internet usage.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7