Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Wifi connection not enabled, using wired connection and can't access router settings WNR2000V5

Xionwalker
Follower

Wifi connection not enabled, using wired connection and can't access router settings WNR2000V5

My problem is as follows

I need to forward a port through the router so that my friend and I can play on my game server. 

The only thing stopping me from doing this, is the fact that i can't access my routers settings through routerlogin.net unless connected to the Wifi and is enabled. I am connected to the internet through an ethernet cable, which is connected through the router to my modem and is allowing me access to the internet. The connection is good and I've been using it for a while now. Since the Wifi connection status is "off" I'm not allowed into the login screen. I can't access the router settings through the netgear genie either. I keep getting a "Login failed! Please check if this computer is connected to the NETGEAR router." message. I'm using the deafult username and password and, once again, my computer is connected through the router to the modem allowing me internet access. My only idea is that something isn't configured correctly.

So, how can I access the router settings without wifi enabled using a wired connection? 

Thanks in Advance. 

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Wifi connection not enabled, using wired connection and can't access router settings WNR2000V5

Hi @Xionwalker,

You can try the following steps:

1. Please try using the router's IP address.

2. You can also try using another device that is connected to the network (Android, iOS, another computer).

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Xionwalker,

You can try the following steps:

1. Please try using the router's IP address.

2. You can also try using another device that is connected to the network (Android, iOS, another computer).

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 3
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Xionwalker,

I would like to follow up and check if you are still experiencing the issue.

Regards,

Dexter
Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7