Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Windows 10 Update disrupting Wi-Fi

Waysender
Aspirant

Windows 10 Update disrupting Wi-Fi

After the latest Windows 10 update I have been unable to connect to my wi-fi. This isn't the first time a Microsoft update has caused this issue, however the fix I used last time isn't working so I am open to suggestions.

I have updated to the latest version of my routers firmware.

I have updated the drivers on my network adapter in my laptop.

I have updated to the latest version of netgear genie. When I attempt to let netgear genie fix the problem it seems to do it briefly but then the wi-fi is soon unavailable again.

The previous fix I did was to restore to a time before the update. It appears that this update created its own restore point so I am unable to do this this time around.

Any thoughts are welcome, I am able to connect via a cable but this is not ideal, obviously.

Router R6250, Modem is Netgear as well, Laptop is HP, ISP is Cox. If any additional information would help do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks again for any help, James R.

Message 1 of 2

Re: Windows 10 Update disrupting Wi-Fi

@Waysender wrote:

After the latest Windows 10 update I have been unable to connect to my wi-fi.

Your router/modem neither knows nor cares about which version of Windows you use. There is nothing on your PC that relates to Netgear's hardware. The software is just an interface to the device's control interface.

These issues are nearly always down to the drivers for the wifi bit of your laptop.

You say you have the latest drivers for the laptop. Do not assume that having the latest Windows drivers means that you are up to date. Windows update cannot find a lot of "chipset" drivers. To get those you need to go to the support pages for the hardware. In this case, it is probably HP.

Your best bet might be to raise this issue in a self support forum for your laptop.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7