Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: XR500 + Nighthawk iOS app = no devices listed

BeefDaddy
Follower

XR500 + Nighthawk iOS app = no devices listed

I am unable to get the Nighthawk iOS app to show any of my connected devices, this appears to be a working feature based on other KB's I have run across. 

XR500 V2.3.2.40

image1 (1).pngimage2 (1).png

Message 1 of 12
schumaku
Guru

@Netduma-Fraser @Netduma_Jack @Netduma_Luke anything messed up with the App API recently (==XR500 V2.3.2.40)?

Message 2 of 12
AdrianLab
Aspirant

Just installed the app and I’m having the same issue with my xr500, I also have a mesh extender EX7700 and when I switch to that one I can see the devices on it but not with the XR500
Model: EX7700|AC2200 Nighthawk X6 Tri-Band WiFi Mesh Extender, XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 3 of 12
AdrianLab
Aspirant

Just adding another screenshot for evidence
Message 4 of 12
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @AdrianLab, welcome to the community! Upon checking on BeefDaddy's case, it looks like a factory reset on the XR500 resolved the issue. Is that something that you've tried before to fix the issue?

Dexter

Message 5 of 12
AdrianLab
Aspirant

Hi DexterJB, thanks for the reply.

Following your suggestion I did a factory reset and then restored my settings (have a bunch of port redirections and IP's assigned I didn't want to lose or manually config again), after setting it all up and restoring the config, I went to my iOS app and opened the devices screen for my XR500 and got 0 devices again.

Model: EX7700|AC2200 Nighthawk X6 Tri-Band WiFi Mesh Extender, XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 6 of 12

@AdrianLab wrote:

Following your suggestion I did a factory reset and then restored my settings ...

If you restored settings from a backup, then you may also have restored the bug.

Try it without restoring the settings.If it still does not work, then by all means restore the settings from your backup.

Message 7 of 12
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @AdrianLab, as suggested by michaelkenward, see if not restoring your config will give a different result. Keep us posted.

Dexter

Message 8 of 12
AdrianLab
Aspirant

Sorry for the suuuper late response, i decided to hold on to manually configure the router until appropiate, I did this yesterday, factory reset the XR500, set my dhcp and port forwarding manually without restoring any backup at all, and today I remembered about this and tried the app and sadly the app still shows no devices found in the device manager but also as an error now, I have the latest firmware.

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 9 of 12
schumaku
Guru

@DexterJB this error message might require some revision and update - reads like Chinese.

Message 10 of 12
ZiggBez
Aspirant

I am having the same issue. Is there any update to a solution? 

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 11 of 12

You might also try this over in the appropriate section for the XR500:

Nighthawk Pro Gaming Routers - NETGEAR Communities

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements