Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR700 and MR60 compatibility issues on App

Eidolon
Guide

XR700 and MR60 compatibility issues on App

Aftrer installing the MR60 in AP mode to enable me to continue using the XR700, the app now will only see the MR60 and satellites. Only way to get to the XR is to go to the IP address. 

Also as a side the MR60 and the XR700 are now not talking to each other on device management and what is actually on the network. Can this be updates as well. I want to administer the network through the XR700. 

Thanks

Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 11
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: XR700 and MR60 compatibility issues on App

Hello Eidolon,

May you provide us with the firmware version of the MR60 and XR700. May you also let us know the Nighthawk app version you currently have installed your mobile device. Please specify if it's iOS or Android. 

Thanks,
Christian 

Message 2 of 11
Eidolon
Guide

Sorry for the late reply.  It stored the email safely in my junk folder. 

In answer: r700 = V1.0.1.34

Mr60 = V1.0.6.102_2.0.45

Please note that my mr60 are in ap mode with static ip.  This in itself causes massive network lag. 

When in go to n the app, I can only see mr60 and no option to manage r700.

Hope that helps.  

Message 3 of 11
Eidolon
Guide

Sorry and I'm using android on a tablet and phone.  Both android 10 Samsung.  

Nighthawk app version = 2.6.4.1264

Message 4 of 11
Eidolon
Guide

Any thoghts on this Christian?

Message 5 of 11
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Eidolon, 

May you turn off/unplug the MR60 units and the satellites and check to see if you're able to manage the XR700 using the Nighthawk app. After confirming that the Nighthawk app connects to the XR700, can you turn the MR60 + satellites back on and check again to see if you're still able to manage the XR700 using the app. 

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 6 of 11
Eidolon
Guide

Hi mate

With mr60 off I can manage the xr700. With mr60 turned back on,  if I connect to the WiFi I can only see the mr60 and can't manage anything else.  

Please note the xr700 has WiFi turned off constantly to only use the WiFi 6. 

Message 7 of 11
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Eidolon,

Thanks for confirming. Well with WiFi off on the XR700, that may explain why you're unable to manage the router through the Nighthawk app and can only access the GUI via web/IP address. Can you turn on WiFi on the XR700 and check to see if you're able to manage it using the Nighthawk app. 

Christian 

Message 8 of 11
Eidolon
Guide

Hi

Yes if I attach direct to the xr700 WiFi I can control it via the app. But the WiFi isn't as good as the mr60 hence the upgrade. The xr700 to my understanding isn't mesh so isn't able to join the mr60 mesh network.  

So with the xr700 only in router mode (no WiFi) and the mr60 in ap mode (no router)  i can't control both units on the app. I can only control the mr60. 

When I log on to the mr60 and look at devices,  the xr700 is listed as a wired device.  If I log on to the xr700 Web page,  the mr60 is listed as a wired device.  

All items connected to the mr60 through wire or wireless,  the xr700 doesn't see attached to the network.  

Hope that is clear. 

Message 9 of 11
Oceanspook
Aspirant

Did you ever figure this out?

I’ve been jumping through the same hoops with the support team.
Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 10 of 11
Eidolon
Guide

No nothing. Support team couldnt help.

In the end had to take the units back and get a refund. 

I am hoping that with the latest firmware on xr700 and MR60 that it may be better, however until someone tells me i wont be trying it again. 

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7