Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

can I remove nighthawk from my phone and still use my extender

PagePage
Aspirant

can I remove nighthawk from my phone and still use my extender

I bought a netgear extender a year ago and used the Nighthawk app to set it up, but I do not use the app now. Can I remove the app from my phone? The app is taking up space. I don't want to disable my extender in any way. I suspect I can, since no one else seems to have this question, but I would rather be certain.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 5

Re: can I remove nighthawk from my phone and still use my extender

@PagePage wrote:

I bought a netgear extender a year ago and used the Nighthawk app to set it up, but I do not use the app now. Can I remove the app from my phone?

Yes. You don't even need to install the app to set up an extender, or anything else. Some of us prefer the old fashioned way of doing it with a browser.

Learn how to do that from the manual.

Manuals are always a good place to start.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

Message 2 of 5
PagePage
Aspirant

Thank you and yes, manuals are always a good place to start!

However, the manual for the extender in question does not mention the Nighthawk app.

https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/EX6120/EX6120_UM_25Aug2015.pdf

Thank you for confirming what I expected: removing the app from a phone will not affect the extender, and the app can be reinstalled if needed later.

Message 3 of 5

@PagePage wrote:

However, the manual for the extender in question does not mention the Nighthawk app.

You failed to tell us in your first message what device you were trying to control. So guesswork is all that you are likely to get.

That's why it helps to provide the information that Netgear asks for:

Subject (Include model number and brief summary)
Model (Recommended - Helps the community give the best answers)
Body (Include additional detail including model version, firmware, OS and environment where relevant.)

Heaven only knows why you installed an app that doesn't claim to work with your extender.

Which products support the NETGEAR Nighthawk app? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Message 4 of 5
PagePage
Aspirant

The Nighthawk app does work with the extender.

After reading about it online, I installed Nighthawk to set up the extender, and the extender has been great!

The extender has been so great that I've recommended Netgear to my students and colleagues.

My question was about the app and you confirmed what I suspected so I've uninstalled the app. All is good.

Again, thank you so much for that information!

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7