Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: cannot get into the netgear app for MR1100 Nighthawk

Rob957
Aspirant

cannot get into the netgear app for MR1100 Nighthawk

I purchased a Netgear Nighthawk MR1100 about a year ago, but never bothered to change default username or password and now it has accumulated 14 messages (over time) which I have just left there. but co-incidentally or by design??, the display no longer shows my data usage, It looks like, to do anything you have to log in through the app and remove those messages, which hopefully would fix the data issue. But to change the password on that part I first have to login with the old password, which to my knowledge I never set-up.

Help would be apreciated.

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: cannot get into the netgear app for MR1100 Nighthawk

@Rob957 wrote:

.... it has accumulated 14 messages (over time) which I have just left there. but co-incidentally or by design??

What are these messages? Where do they appear?

@Rob957 wrote:

But to change the password on that part I first have to login with the old password, which to my knowledge I never set-up.

If you didn't set up a password, then it is password.

But that depends on what you are trying to login into. Wifi is one thing, the control of your device is something else.

If you visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

you can feed in the model number and find all the documentation for your hardware.

By the way, it may not matter, but you have posted your message in the section of this community given over to Apps and Services. (This is easily done, given Netgear's impenetrable community structure.)

If you need more help, you might get better and quicker replies, and find other answers, over in the appropriate section for your device:

Mobile Routers, Hotspots & Modems

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7