Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

download software but no desktop icon - cant hook up to wi-fi?

mbrown1782
Aspirant

download software but no desktop icon - cant hook up to wi-fi?

I downloaded all the software for my new A7000 (no CD drive to load it off a CD) - but I have no netgear icon so I can get in and set my adapter to connect to the wi-fi network?

Message 1 of 4

Re: download software but no desktop icon - cant hook up to wi-fi?

The A7000 is a WiFi USB Adapter. Is there any reason why you have put your question in the Nighthawk App area of this forum? It would be better here:

WiFi Adapters - NETGEAR Communities

There is a support and a manual for the A7000 somewhere at the end of this link:

>> Click here >> A7000 | Product | Support | NETGEAR << Click here <<

You can get the drivers and software there. It comes in a zip file that you have to unpack.

A7000 Software Version 1.0.0.15 (Windows) | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Apart from that you will have to say a bit more about your problem if you want help. Connecting something to a wifi network is down to the PC or whatever it is that you are trying to connect.

Message 2 of 4
mbrown1782
Aspirant

thanks for the reply michaelkenward. i am not familliar with NetGear and my adapter says nighthawk so i posted this here . i have installed all the drivers and software from the .zip download (i had to download as i dont have a cd drive to install everthing off the provided disk). my problem is that i dont have the icon on my desktop to be able to go in and point my adapter at my wifi network. without being able to do this, i have no connection on the laptop i am hooking this adapter up to. is there a trick to be able to do this or do i need that netgear icon to be able to access my a7000 adapter so that i can have it connect to my network?

Message 3 of 4

@mbrown1782 wrote:

my problem is that i dont have the icon on my desktop to be able to go in and point my adapter at my wifi network. without being able to do this, i have no connection on the laptop i am hooking this adapter up to.

There is no need for an icon on your desktop. There is nothing from Netgear that you can run, nor any need to access your A7000 adapter.

I assume that you have a Windows PC, although I do not know which version. In that case you need to find the place in Windows that will connect you to the wifi.

On my Windows 10 PC there is an icon in the "Notification area" on the edge of the screen. Looks like a  monitor with a plug at the top. Click it and it there is a thing at the bottom that says Wifi. Click that and see what happens.

Windows 10 may also have a Wifi button at the bottom of the "Notifications" button at the end of the taskbar.

Here's another way of getting there:

How to Connect to a Wireless Network with Windows 10

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7