Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: genie login/readyshare/newbie

hotsprout
Aspirant

genie login/readyshare/newbie

newbie problem

I have N300 CABLE NETGEAR ROUTER WNR2200, but I cant login via the genie software, however if I go via the ip route I can access the router page, also when I go to readyshare in the router it shows two links as

http://readyshare.routerlogin.net/shares and
ftp://readyshare.routerlogin/shares

but when I click on the links the 1st link shows an opendns page and the 2nd link brings up a paasword prompt and after filling in password it brings up a 404 error page, which seems wrong to me.
Message 1 of 16
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Always login the router interface via browser

Both link should be used when you are outside your network
Message 2 of 16
hotsprout
Aspirant

I logged out of router page and tried link but iI get the same results as before.
Message 3 of 16
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

?? Not sure what you mean.

You need to try when OUTSIDE of your network
Message 4 of 16
hotsprout
Aspirant

I am typing the links in to the address bar of firefox on my laptop to see if I can access the links via the internet, at least thats what I think I should be doing to test the links.
Message 5 of 16
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

You need to be outside of your network means physically

Test with smartphone in cell data
Message 6 of 16
hotsprout
Aspirant

tried on my blackberry still the same result, very odd.
Message 7 of 16
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

With Cell Data and not WIFi correct on BB?

Connect to the USB Drive from a Remote Computer
To connect to the USB drive from remote computers with a web browser, you have to use the router’s Internet port IP address. If you are using Dynamic DNS, you can type the DNS name, rather than the IP address. You can view the router’s Internet IP address from the dashboard on the Basic Home screen or the Advanced Home screen.
Access the Router’s USB Drive Remotely Using FTP
 To connect to the router’s USB drive using a web browser:
1. Connect to the router by typing ftp:// and the Internet port IP address in the address
field of Internet Explorer or Netscape Navigator, for example:
ftp://10.1.65.4
If you are using Dynamic DNS, you can type the DNS name, rather than the IP address.
2. Type the account name and password that has access rights to the USB drive. The user
name (account name) for All – no password is guest.
3. The directories of the USB drive that your account has access to are displayed, for example, share/partition1/directory1. You can now read and copy files from the USB directory.
Message 8 of 16
hotsprout
Aspirant

Really struggling with this, cant get it to work, in my READYSHARE router page IP reads ftp://0.0.0.0/shares, think that might be the problem.
Message 9 of 16
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

You have to use your PUBLIC IP, Internet ip of your router
Message 10 of 16
Devor
Luminary

That IP address reflects the WAN port IP address. Check to make sure you have public IP address on the router's WAN.
Message 11 of 16
hotsprout
Aspirant

Thanks for you for help , Ive not had much experience with routers, so I will tell you my set up as I think it could have something to do with that.
I currently have the WNR2200 connected to my old sky modem router via the LAN port of the sky router modem to the LAN port of the of WNR2200. I have switched off the wireless on the sky router modem etc, but left dhcp on.
On the WNR2200 I switched off dhcp and changed the ip address so the last number of the ip now ends in 250 as opposed to 1, based on guide a read.
So should I have the WAN to LAN as opposed to what I have now LAN to LAN, also Ive noticed in device manager in windows 7 the WNR2200 has no driver installed to it.

Really apprecaite all your help on this. :confused:
Message 12 of 16
Devor
Luminary

Typically when you connect a modem/router combo unit and another router there will be issues unless they are connected properly.

I'm not familiar with the Sky, but you could either turn the Sky into a dedicated modem by placing the Sky into Bridge Mode and then use the WNR2200 as the primary router. You would have to log into the combo unit and see if you find the option or have your ISP make the change.

Or, use the Sky as the primary router and set up the WNR2200 as a secondary access point by following these instructions here. Skip step one.
Message 13 of 16
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Sky used PPPoA so would not work but to wnr2000 as AP mode

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/965
Message 14 of 16
hotsprout
Aspirant

Sorry for not getting back sooner, been side tracked by the family comitments, just wanted to thank you guys so much for all the advice, I ve managed to get it to work I now see my files outside my network. The only problem I have now is to how to upload and download files outside my network. I know there is readyshare cloud but I cant get that to work, I think thats because readyshare cloud does not support my router WNR2200.
Message 15 of 16
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

That is correct.

You can look Netgear.com/readyshare for information
Message 16 of 16
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation