Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: iOS 7 breaks Genie Airprint

Devor
Luminary

I just finished checking the link I provided earlier for newer Genie versions. As of the date of this post, the latest PC and MAC versions listed there remain the most current. As June said, file a bug report here. The more people that file a report, the better.
Message 26 of 44
SLAPSHOT
Aspirant

FYI, I have the same problem and here is the latest response from support.

My name is ****** and I will further assist you on this case.

I am aware that you’re unable to print via Genie Airprint on your iPad with iOS 7.

I regret to inform you that at the time being Genie will not work yet with iOS 7 that’s why airprint will not work. But don’t worry, our Engineering team is already working on a fix and it will be release soon.

Please check our site from time to time to get update on when the new version of Genie for iOS 7 will be release. Just click on the link below.
Message 27 of 44
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Please refrain from posting support name in the future. It's against forum policy
Message 28 of 44
BillPark
Aspirant

Glad I found your post. I am having the exact same problem. All my ios 6 devices work fine but my ios 7 iPad and iPhone can see the printer but cannot print to it. (Gets an error message). I am submitting a notice to Netgear to be sure they actually know about the problem since it looks like nobody else has. Good luck
Message 29 of 44
Spain
Aspirant

+1 anxiously awaiting the update Cheers
Message 30 of 44
BillPark
Aspirant

pko wrote:
Using latest Genie (2.2.28.24) and WNDR4500 firmware (V1.0.1.36_1.0.6.3), I was able to print easily from my iPhone5 with iOS 6. After upgrading to iOS 7, Genie's Airprint feature no longer works with the iPhone5. Still works fine with my older iPad with iOS 5. Please, Netgear: Update Genie to be compatible with iOS 7!

Does anybody from Netgear read these posts? I tried to explain the problem to Netgear support, and asked them to request an update, but they didn't really understand what I was talking about.

I had the same problem with support. One guy finally new the problem and said I would need to wait for a new release. Another rep did not even know there was a problem.
I just updated my iPad with the new release V 1.0.0.36, but it did not fix the problem.
Message 31 of 44
gamtu
Tutor

This EXACT same issue happened when iOS 6 rolled out. iOS 5 and earlier would print using Netgear Genie but a new iPhone 5 (iOS 6) would not print. People who updated their older phones and iPads to iOS 6 couldn't print using Netgear Genie either. Netgear dragged their back sides on getting a patch made. I suspect they'll drag them again updating Genie for iOS 7. Since Netgear advertises their routers will allow any iOS device to print to ANY printer regardless of whether or not the printer is an airprint printer, its up to Netgear to get off their duff and patch their Genie software when Apple comes out with a new version of iOS.

Netgear Email support is useless. I would consider Netgear Email support a complete and total embarrassment if I were Netgear. They should just close their Email support center and stop offering that support option since your no better off after contacting Netgear Email support.
Message 32 of 44
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Use portal base to contact support.

my.netgear.com
Message 33 of 44
gamtu
Tutor

BillPark wrote:
I just updated my iPad with the new release V 1.0.0.36, but it did not fix the problem.

I know with iPhone you do not have to have the genie app on the phone. I'm not 100% positive but I'd assume the same is true with iPad. You don't need the app on your device you only need the genie software on your computer. That computer has to be connected to your network, turned on for the Airprint conversion to work.
Message 34 of 44
rphunter
Aspirant

pko wrote:
Using latest Genie (2.2.28.24) and WNDR4500 firmware (V1.0.1.36_1.0.6.3), I was able to print easily from my iPhone5 with iOS 6. After upgrading to iOS 7, Genie's Airprint feature no longer works with the iPhone5. Still works fine with my older iPad with iOS 5. Please, Netgear: Update Genie to be compatible with iOS 7!

Does anybody from Netgear read these posts? I tried to explain the problem to Netgear support, and asked them to request an update, but they didn't really understand what I was talking about.

November 14, 2013. Apple updated iOS 7 to 7.0.4 and that resolves this problem.
Message 35 of 44
gamtu
Tutor

rphunter wrote:
November 14, 2013. Apple updated iOS 7 to 7.0.4 and that resolves this problem.
Incorrect. There is a problem still and it's the same.
Message 36 of 44
chineplate
Aspirant

Agreed, problem still present.
Message 37 of 44
ashaw80
Aspirant

does anyone have an idea when netgear will fix the problem?
Message 38 of 44
Mikem60527
Aspirant

I just purchased the R6300 yesterday partly because of the AirPrint feature. After struggling through the many suggested fixes I called Tech Support. I was told there is no issues with NetGear R6300 and the iPhone 4 with iOS 7.004. I was told that it is an Apple problem. Of course my next conversation was with Apple IPhone support that said the problem lies with NetGear. So, before I box the R6300 and return it I'm hoping someone can shed some light on if there is or isn't a NetGear problem. I thought the live Tech guy would have the answer and not just pass it off to Apple iPhone. Thanks for reading this.
Message 39 of 44
Bill_T
Aspirant

New version 2.3.1.13 of Genie program for Windows appears to fix AirPrint function. Tested on iPad with iOS 7 and second iPad running iOS 6. Both successful.:)
Message 40 of 44
Bill_T
Aspirant

New Genie version 2.3.1.13 for Windows appears to fix this issue. Tested using iPad running iOS 7 and second iPad running iOS 6, both printed successfully.
Message 41 of 44
Mfcloer
Aspirant

Downloaded new windows update on computer and AirPrint does indeed work, as long as you computer is on!
Message 42 of 44
gamtu
Tutor

In my case, selecting print from my ipad or iphone:

1) wakes the printer.

2) opens Adobe.

3) then never prints.

I could print from adobe but it seems like a lot more hoops and hurdles than necessary.:(
Message 43 of 44
bond_vigilante
Aspirant

Hello,

I'm running Windows 8. I've had an N900 router for awhile but just now hooked up the printer to use ReadyShare print on a (non-AirPrint compatible) Dell 2155cdn color laser printer. All of my iOS devices have been upgraded to iOS7 before trying to use ReadyShare.

I have the NETGEAR USB control center/media extender version 1.32 (driver version 1.74.27) installed on my Windows 8 machine (that has the N900 plugged into it).

I have NETGEAR Genie version 2.3.1.16 installed (though I don't think that being installed is necessary for ReadyShare print).

My issue/question: I've never used ReadyShare Print before. When I went to try to print, it shows NO printers are installed. Is that the result that is expected with this issue - or do I have another problem?

Thanks for your help! I did submit a trouble ticket to Netgear saying I can't get it to print on iOS7.

Thanks
Message 44 of 44
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7