Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: iOS14: Can't connect to Router

BigTy
Guide

iOS14: Can't connect to Router

Good morning:

Since my update to iOS 14 on my phone, I'm unable to connect to the router via the app. I can only get connected with ViewAnywhere. I have attempted restarting the modem, restarting my phone, deleting and reinstalling the app... all to no avail.

I have local networking turned on as well.

I also have an Orbi network, went thru the same process with the same results. The difference here is, in the Orbi settings, there is NO OPTION to connect to the local network.

Has anybody had any success fixing this or can provide any insight?

Thank you in advance!

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 20
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello BigTy, 

May you refer to the article below and see if you're able to view the local network access slider in your iPhone's settings. You may need to reinstall the Orbi app. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000062316/Why-am-I-being-asked-to-let-the-Nighthawk-or-Orbi-apps-connect-to-d...

Christian

Message 2 of 20
BigTy
Guide

Hi Christian,

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately that Doesn’t help for my Orbi or Nighthawk apps.

The option for the local network slider isn’t there at all for my Orbi app and it’s already turned on for the Nighthawk app.

I’ve deleted and reinstalled both apps a number of times. My networks are still running fine, but I can only access them thru connect anywhere.

It’s really frustrating 🤷🏽‍♂️
Message 3 of 20
DDDT
Aspirant

Exactly the issue I have. Did everything as instructed but keeps failing to connect.
Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 4 of 20
chrishigh
Aspirant

Same. The Orbi app refers you to a control setting that simply doesn’t exist in ios14. And without it, only remote connectivity is available.
Message 5 of 20
BigTy
Guide

Today’s app update seems to have fixed the problem with my Orbi. Now I just need an update for Nighthawk
Message 6 of 20
Hmonglish
Aspirant

I updated my iOS to 14.0.1 today and now I get an endless signin loop with the Nighthawk App.
Model: R6300v2|AC1750 Dual Band Gigabit router
Message 7 of 20
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@chrishigh - May you reinstall the Orbi app as there was a new version released on 9/27. 

Christian 

Message 8 of 20
Topperdog
Tutor

Ditto. Contacted support. No help. They asked for a bunch of screen shots, and then stopped contact with me altogether. It is the app. I can log in just fine to router over the web page op address log on. I am stuck in an endless log in scenario. Face ID works, but nothing happens. Happened ever since iOS 14 came out snd Netgear updated the app. I have tried deleting the app and reinstalling, no good.
Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 9 of 20
Avndoc79
Aspirant

I had to go to the iPhone general settings and reset the network settings.  Then, under general settings, scroll down to find the VPN setting.  Under that tab, I had to select the web protection (armor) that was being used and turn off the "Connect on Demand" by sliding the button to disable it.  

For some reason, when "Connect on Demand" is on, my phone disconnects from the WiFi network and makes it impossible to sign in to the Nighthawk App, but when I disable it, the phone connects immediately to the app.

Hope it works for you.

Message 10 of 20
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello NETGEAR App Users, 

If you're unable to view the local network slider within the iOS settings of your device, please reboot your iOS device and feel free to provide an update. 

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 11 of 20
Topperdog
Tutor

Downloaded latest release yesterday. Still getting the never ending log in to connect to my router. Facial recognition works, shiws green check mark, then timeout logging in. I have only seen the log in screen since iOS 14 came out. Never connected to router through app since then. I can connect and view setting from the web page connection. The app is completely useless.
Message 12 of 20
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Topperdog - May you send me a private message with your most recent case number and email address. I'd like to see if I can have your case escalated and have our support team reach out to you.

Christian 

Message 13 of 20
Topperdog
Tutor

I can look it up. I sent screenshots over a week ago, and haven’t heard anything since. Netgear created a new account on another email without my consent, moved half my information over, and then made rude comments complaining I was bad for having two accounts, when in fact I have the email of the day the second account was created by a tech person to put a case number in. I will post the case number, but I fixed my problem by just deleting the iPhone App. I use the web page to update my router. I tried the latest update, same bad results as last week. Looking at reviews, nobody can log in to the router from the app.

Case #: 43449755
Message 14 of 20
BigTy
Guide

I called and asked a simple question about it, becuase I have two Netgear routers. And I can't pull up either one with the app. They opened a support ticket, and I haven't heard a word since! 

Message 15 of 20
Matsuura
Aspirant

I cannot connect to my RBR20 with my iphone 11 with iOS 14.2.  I got a message saying that Armor is not compatible with my device.   I reset my router to factor and set it up again.  It conneted for about a minute, then it lost the connection and I can't connect to it again.  I can connect to the router through my computer browser.

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 16 of 20
SCaleca
Initiate

When using IPhone 11 Pro Max iOS v 14.4 and  NightHawk App 2.8.2.0 MR 60 Firmware v 1.0.6.110 I can not connect to MR60 via local network but I can via Anywhere Access.

I tried turning off Celluar,  I Reset network settings and still no device found.  ReInstalled app a few times and relogged in and still no device found.

The entire sytem is working correctly. I also tried some other iPhones with iOS 14.4 and it works.

Any help appreciated.

Message 17 of 20
Topperdog
Tutor

Here is my fix that solved it. I deleted the app and never used it again. Netgear support was awful, and the rude tech I got calling me one Saturday made me come to the conclusion I am getting a different brand router simply because Netgear support was so bad and disgustingly rude. Good to know a year later they cannot fix log in from an app.
Message 18 of 20
acford
Guide

I'm having the exact same issue. iPhone 12 running iOS 14.5.1. Reset network settings on iPhone. Rebooted iPhone several times. Deleted and reinstalled Nighthawk app 3 times. Rebooted R7960P router 3 times. All of my WiFi and hardwired network devices are working. The only think that doesn't work is this stupid Nighthawk app!

Model: R7900P|Nighthawk X6S AC3000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 19 of 20
yurijessi
Aspirant

You may also need to update the app to let it compatible with the iPhone system. If no change, you can use an repair tool like TunesKit to turn iPhone back to normal. Or try to contact app server.

Message 20 of 20
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 19 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 11 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7