Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

incorrect password: nighthawk x6s extender cannot connect to orbi router!

lisayliu06
Follower

incorrect password: nighthawk x6s extender cannot connect to orbi router!

Trying to setup a new nighthawk extender x6s and both via mobile app and direct cable connection to my PC, same problem: incorrect password. I know the password is correct as I can see it in the router setting as well all my other devices are using the same password to connect. Don't understand why this extender cannot. Please help!!! I have googled solution and couldn't find anything that helped. 

Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: incorrect password: nighthawk x6s extender cannot connect to orbi router!

what model exactly is it? (the label will have the model)

What firmware is it running? I know there was some older firmware that struggled with orbi?

are you using any special characters within your ssid or password? If so, remove them.

Does it work if you hard wire it in and set it up as an AP (for testing)?

What firmware is on the orbi? 

Message 2 of 3

Re: incorrect password: nighthawk x6s extender cannot connect to orbi router!

@lisayliu06 wrote:

Trying to setup a new nighthawk extender x6s and both via mobile app and direct cable connection to my PC, same problem: incorrect password.

There are several passwords involved in managing these devices, wifi, management interface, remote access and so on.

But as @plemans says, start with the model number. While you are at it, consult the manual.

If you visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

you can feed in the model number and find all the documentation for your hardware.

You can find the model number on the label on the device. That will also guide you towards the correct bit of this community for help with that device.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7