Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: login not working

Thijnlansbergen
Aspirant

login not working

When I try to log into the Nighthawk app there is a message "no internet connection" while I do have it

Message 1 of 14
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Thignlansbergen,

May you reinstall the Nighthawk app and ensure that you're connected to your network.

Christian 

Message 2 of 14
Thijnlansbergen
Aspirant

Hi Christian,

I have tried with my work and home wifi and 4g. i also reinstalled the app but it doesn't work. When I tried tot login om de website I works

Thijn
Message 3 of 14
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

May you provide a screenshot of the error on the Nighthawk app for me to check further. 

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 4 of 14
Thijnlansbergen
Aspirant

Thanks for your answere
Message 5 of 14
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Thijnlansbergen,

Thanks for the screenshot. May you send me a private message with the info below for me to check further. 

Email:

Serial Number:

Router Model:

Router Firmware Version:

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 6 of 14
Thijnlansbergen
Aspirant

Email thijnlansbergen@gmail.com
Why is the firmware form the router needed, I only want ro login in the app
Message 7 of 14

@Thijnlansbergen wrote:

Why is the firmware form the router needed, I only want ro login in the app

Perhaps because you have provided no useful information about your setup.

We have no idea what device you are using, the router or whatever it is.

The way in which the Nighthawk app works is tied to the router and, in particular, the firmware it uses.

You can help people to help you by providing the information suggested in this forum's header:

Subject (Include model number and brief summary)
Model (Recommended - Helps the community give the best answers)
Body (Include additional detail including model version, firmware, OS and environment where relevant.)

That is there for a good reason. If nothing else it cuts how many messages you have to post before people can start to help you.

Message 8 of 14
Thijnlansbergen
Aspirant

oke 
I have a Nighthawk(R) X4S R7800

Email is thijnlansbergen@gmail.com
Router firmware version is V1.0.2.76

Message 9 of 14

@Thijnlansbergen wrote:

oke 
I have a Nighthawk(R) X4S R7800

Email is thijnlansbergen@gmail.com
Router firmware version is V1.0.2.76

OK. That is a standard router but not with the latest firmware. I have V1.0.2.80

Are you connecting through the local wifi SSID? Or are you trying to get in through  Anywhere Access?

You said earlier:

When I tried tot login om de website I works

What does that mean? You are using the browser graphical user interface (GUI) to access the controls?

What is the modem in front of the router?

I ask be cause something people have a modem/router which can complicate connections and could explain what you see.

It might also help to say which app you have (iOS or Android) and which version of it. For example, I have Android V2.8.0.1395

You may think these questions are irrelevant. But that is wrong. There are so many variables involved ion these things, that full details are important. That could be why it is taking so long for you to get an answer.

Message 10 of 14
Thijnlansbergen
Aspirant

yes I use the local wifi SSID

What does that mean? You are using the browser graphical user interface (GUI) to access the controls?

that my login is working so my password is correct 

in front off  the router is a fiber optic modem from Genexis

I use the  Android Nighthawk app V2.8.0.1395 and I have also for android the Netgear insight app V6.0.11

Message 11 of 14

@Thijnlansbergen wrote:

in front off  the router is a fiber optic modem from Genexis

Sorry. But that tells us nothing about the modem and its features. Looks like some of the things with that label are also routers. But who knows? If so, that would be a clue as to what you see.

Message 12 of 14
Thijnlansbergen
Aspirant

Message 13 of 14

@Thijnlansbergen wrote:

its this one https://genexis.eu/product/hybrid

Unfortunately, that provides very little useful information. It appears to be for technicians who install these things. No actual manual that tells me what it does or what the specifications are.

The link to downloads applies to a raft of products. One clue is in the pictures. They suggest that it has several LAN ports.

It is also billed as a "Fully modular FTTH gateway". The gateway term usually denotes a modem/router. Does it have a bunch of LAN ports on the bottom?

If my guess is correct, that explains your login problems. You are trying to run two routers in line.

This explains some of the drawbacks.

What is Double NAT? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Once again, the lack of useful detauls of what you have at your end makes it hard to diagnose what is happening.

Message 14 of 14
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7