Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

login time out

mitch-
Follower

login time out

Router Firmware Version
V1.2.0.88_1.0.1

I can't login on either of my ios devices. I enter the correct password and I get the error dialog telling me "login timed out." Also I see there is a topic that explains how to send a bug report from the app by shaking it from side to side. I shook it until I became faint from exhaustion, but no such bug report window appeared. Anyway, this login issue seems to have been going on for a very long time. Has the company just given up on it? Why are they still pushing this broken app? I even went to some nighthawk app website I found through google and used their help chat. Someone promptly began gathering details and then just disappeared forever (I hope they're OK what with all the floods, earthquakes and alien abductions in the news lately).

So should I just delete this awful app and move on with my life? Maybe become a crusader for justice and spend my remaining days warning prospective buyers not to even think about using this app and maybe even this brand? I mean, it's kind of rude to promote this thing knowing full well that it is broken, and jusdging by the google results for "nighthawk app login timed out" Netgear can't not know.

Model: R7450|Nighthawk AC2600 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: login time out

@mitch- wrote:

Also I see there is a topic that explains how to send a bug report from the app by shaking it from side to side. I shook it until I became faint from exhaustion, but no such bug report window appeared.

I saw that too and tried to use it to file a bug report on the well known problems with the current version of the Nighthawk app for Android. Like you, I got nowhere.

I did get an invitation from the app itself to report back. But it was nothing like the process suggested here.

@mitch- wrote:

So should I just delete this awful app and move on with my life?

What do you want to do with the app?

As a tool for managing a router it seems to be pretty useless. But that is true even when it connects as expected.

Experienced hardware users would not dream of using a mobile app to set up or manage a device. They certainly would not update firmware in that way. A wired connection is much better option.

The app is, I gather, useful for those who want to manage third party connections to their  networks. I have also used with Anywhere Access simply to verify that things are working as expected. (I have two routers with independents Internet services.) But that's about it.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7