Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

netgear genie not compatible with windows 10?

J245
Aspirant

Re: netgear genie not compatible with windows 10? Link for new version please!

@DexterJB

1. Reinstalled Genie with no change to network map

2. Everything is run through the WNR2000v5, wireless is disabled on main router/modem.

3. AP mode is enabled on WNR2000v5.

Network map on the home screen of Genie shows "still scanning" and the network map page itself shows the red dashed line with ? from the router to the internet and a blue dashed line from the computer to router.

Thanks for your time,

Message 101 of 118

Tried a different browser?

Message 102 of 118
J245
Aspirant

@michaelkenward,

I don't see how a different browser will address the issue.  It's a Genie app that is not showing the network map.  When I log into the router directly using Firefox, I can see the attached devices. 

Message 103 of 118

Yes. I was confusing my genies. Netgear likes to confuse us all by using the same name for different "apps".

Message 104 of 118
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @J245,

I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 105 of 118
J245
Aspirant

@DexterJB,

Thanks for your help initiating a ticket request with Netgear.  I do appreciate your time and effort and the Netgear team.  After months of discusion, attempts at different fixes, remote access, etc. the final resolution just came out:

I am answering on behalf of my colleague. Our higher level of support would like to convey to you that WNR2000v5 is not on the list of officially supported devices for Netgear Desktop Genie. Furthermore, NETGEAR has decided to focus more on the mobile apps rather then the Desktop genie, so we will not be adding support for WNR2000v5 on the Netgear desktop genie.

Thank you for choosing NETGEAR.

Message 106 of 118
crisdonn
Aspirant

Re: netgear genie not compatible with windows 10?

I can't connect my new computer to the internet. My old dell is hooked up ok and my cell phone but can't hook up new computer with win 10. Can someone help me?
Message 107 of 118

How are you trying to connect? LAN (wired) or wifi?

What Internet hardware are you using? (Modem/router?)

You'll have to tell people more about what you are doing before they can begin to guess at what might be going wrong.

It is also usually better to start a new message when you have a problem, rather than to latch on to something that has been rattling around for a year.

This is all about the Netgear Genie. (That's the Windows desktop "app".) Are you using that? (If so, which version?) Or are you going in through a web browser?

Message 108 of 118
William10a
Master

Or the ip address http://192.168.1.1 to login the router and you still have to enter the username and password.

Message 109 of 118
viclgi
Aspirant

Netgear genie crashes within one minute of running app. I tried latest download, updated the drivers, run compatibility mode and all same results. Running windows 10 enterprise. This works fine on my Window 7 PC.

Message 110 of 118

@viclgi wrote:

Netgear genie crashes within one minute of running app.

Any error messages?

Which version?

Desktop program? Android App? iThing app?

The discussion you have joined dates back to December 2015. Things have moved on since then.

Message 111 of 118
viclgi
Aspirant

NETGEAR Genie has stoppped working.

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if solution is available.

This is HP Envoy Laptop running Windows 10 Enterprise. I downloaded the latest version of Genie, 2.4.38. 

If there is a more recent discussion please send me link. I went to several and tried multiple changes. I could not get link to older versions that some people said it worked. Thanks!

Message 112 of 118

When this first hit, people went back to an earlier version of the genie.

The latest version is supposed to have fixed it.

I have 2.4.38 running just fine in Windows 10, 64-bit.

Message 113 of 118
viclgi
Aspirant

Thanks but it dos not work for my Windows 10 Laptop. It works on my android and Windows 7 but not Windows 10? The updated drivers did not work either. Anybody else have a solution? Running Genie from a 5 inch screen is not good option and my Windows 7 is on its last leg!

Message 114 of 118

What do you want to do with the desktop genie that you cannot do with the browser interface?

Many of the more important controls require you to get into the browser anyway. The genie just acts as a front end to get you there.

Message 115 of 118
William10a
Master

I also liked the old way of loging in to a router via a lan cable and browser there are some routers on the market today that let you access the router a mobile connection I would stay away from these routers.

Message 116 of 118
ricshannon
Aspirant

Netgear Genie latest download when installed only runs in a small hi-res window that does not scale. This makes it very hard to read. I have "large" fonts/icons set for my dispaly and use NVIDIA to control the graphics features for the display.

Nothiining seems to help. I purchased NETGEAT networking devices because they work. I would hope someone would fix this problem as well.

Thanks ricshannon

Message 117 of 118
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @ricshannon,

You can try the solution provided by intelemetry on the thread linked below.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Genie/Netgear-Genie-2-4-26-Huge-Window-Size-Windows-10/td-p/1077472...

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 118 of 118
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7