Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: nighthawk app: pause/resume does not "blocking" devices from network

S100droRamos
Follower

nighthawk app: pause/resume does not "blocking" devices from network

Everything was working fine untill recently...

This issue is very frustrating because sometimes I am forced to PAUSE my teenager son's PC (wired) so he does not stay extended hours (up to 6AM sometimes) playing video games.

I can access the devieces list from the nighthawk app from my android phone, I have the ability to PAUSE/RESUME the devices from my phone, I even double check everything by login in the NETGEAR router (yes, I already changed the password and it is not saved) set up through his PC (the ACCESS control is turned on). By the way, his PC is the only device that I can connect wired, as my laptop does not have a port for the traditional ethernet cable.

The status of the the devices do sync with my phone changes (PAUSE/RESUME) = STATUS (ALLOWED/BLOCKED) everytime I switch on my phone and hit refresh on the PC.

But even though it shows that a device is PAUSED / BLOCKED they still get internet connection. example, I paused his PC, it does show BLOCKED in the router settings, but internet still works.

My son is very smart and I don't know if he found a way to override the netgear access control. 

Please help me to understhand what this can possibily be.

Model: R7900P|Nighthawk X6S AC3000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
Maurice2uNG
Initiate

Re: nighthawk app: pause/resume does not "blocking" devices from network

Similar issue.

Nighthawk App

IOS phone

CAX80 Router

V1.1.0.41 Firmware

Device Manager shows "Pause/Resume" controls, and they will toggle, but the devices still have internet traffic.

When toggled to "Pause" the devices have a yellow dot vice a green one. Should that dot be red instead?

I have rebooted the modem/router. 

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Nighthawk App.

Please advise. Thanks

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7