Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: nighthawk app

Briansf
Apprentice

nighthawk app

Having trouble with connecting to my router Rax80 using the new nighthawk app V. 2.10.5.1633. Will have to make several attempts and only then it will sometimes work. The old version worked just fine. I'm using an LG Android phone. Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Did you try a factory reset on the RAX router and then setup from scratch using a wired PC and web browser. After it's setup, then try to connect the NH app on a mobile device. 

Not having any issues connecting my R series router to the app on my phone:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-App/Nighthawk-application-stopped-working-on-iPhone-and-i...

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies

@Briansf wrote:

The old version worked just fine. I'm using an LG Android phone. Any suggestions?

I haven't seen any reports here of issues with the Android app. (The iOS version is something else.) Have you tried the usual trick that Netgears minders suggest, remove and reinstall the app?

What firmware version do you have on the device?

A number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the time people read this.) There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

Firmware and apps are tied together. Netgear updates apps to reflect changes in firmware.

It might also help if you told people what the modem is in front of this router, if there is one. The model number could be useful. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

The reason for asking is that a lot of people turn up here trying to put a router behind a modem that is also a router. That can complicate troubleshooting.

Message 2 of 6
Briansf
Apprentice

Nighthawk app V. 2.10.5.1633 still having issues connecting to the router. Router firmware is v1.0.4.120. When app does connect and I check for latest firmware it says no new firmware available. Uninstalled and reinstalled app with no luck. When app does not connect to router a message on my android phone says "unfortunately, nighthawk has stopped." with options "open again" and "send feedback". If you select "open again" and it fails the graphic of the router changes from the rax80 to an older model router! Then the message says "nighthawk keeps stopping" with the options "close app" or "send feedback." I'm also using the netgear cm1200 modem. My set up is cable to modem then modem to router. Modem and router are working just fine...high internet speeds...ect. The previous version of the app worked just fine.

Thanks for any help.

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 3 of 6

@Briansf wrote:

When app does connect and I check for latest firmware it says no new firmware available.

Sadly, that guarantees nothing. That automated on board system has been known to miss updates, especially any "Hotfix" options.

The only reliable test is to visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and that page will have any software, firmware and drivers for your device.

In this case your firmware appears to be the latest.

@Briansf wrote:

When app does not connect to router a message on my android phone says "unfortunately, nighthawk has stopped." with options "open again" and "send feedback".

Is this with your mobile device connected to the wifi from the RAX80? I ask because it is also possible to user Anywhere Access. It has changed its name from Remote Access as it is described in the manual.

Message 4 of 6
Briansf
Apprentice

I've decided to just delete the app from my phone. This nighthawk app is useless. There must be hundreds of complaints about this so called upgrade on Google. Very disappointing because the previous version worked just fine. 

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Did you try a factory reset on the RAX router and then setup from scratch using a wired PC and web browser. After it's setup, then try to connect the NH app on a mobile device. 

Not having any issues connecting my R series router to the app on my phone:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-App/Nighthawk-application-stopped-working-on-iPhone-and-i...

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7