Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: pause / resume not working

mwilliams3343
Aspirant

pause / resume not working

I have the Nighthawk app on my phone and when I go into Device Manager; I can see all the devices that are connected. The Pause / Resume bars are green and I can't slide them to the pause position. 

I have rebooted the Nighthawk and it is up to date on updates. 

Another thing; I also can't log in consistently on the app. It keeps timing me out and saying to reboot or reinstall. I have done so and it still persists. 

Thank you for reading and helping out!

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 9
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi mwilliams3343,

Welcome to the community! May you reinstall the Nighthawk app and let me know if your issue persists.

Christian 

Message 2 of 9
mwilliams3343
Aspirant

I reinstalled the Nighthawk app and it still says "logon timed out, please try again. if this issue persists, try rebooting your device" 

Which I have done all that. 😕

Message 3 of 9
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi mwilliams3343, 

May you provide the model number of your router and the current firmware version it's on.

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 4 of 9
mwilliams3343
Aspirant

MODEL: R7000

and how do I find the current firmware?

Message 5 of 9
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

mwilliams3343,

You may visit the Nighthawk app and view your router info or visit routerlogin.net via web browser. 

Christian 

Message 6 of 9
M3DM
Guide

Recently update to Firmware Version V1.4.1.68_1.3.28 on my Nighthawk R7900P and keep receiving the following message when attempting to login remotely using the Nighthawk app: "Logon time out, please try again. If this issue persists, try rebooting your device." Rebooting the device does not correct the error. Falling back to the last firmware does, which leads me to believe this is an issue with the current firmware release. Please advise. Thank you.

Michael

Model: R7900P|Nighthawk X6S AC3000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 7 of 9

@M3DM wrote:

Recently update to Firmware Version V1.4.1.68_1.3.28 on my Nighthawk R7900P and keep receiving the following message when attempting to login remotely using the Nighthawk app: "Logon time out, please try again.

This question started off with a question about the R7000 from @mwilliams3343. Your problem may or may not have anything to do with that issue.

The R7900P is very different from the R7000 and has been the subject of several discussions about its firmware.

Finally, the community rules don't like "hijacking".

NETGEAR Community Terms Of Service | Answer | NETGEAR Support

• Behave with civility and mutual respect. Flaming or name calling will not be tolerated. Similarly, any message containing the following will be removed at the discretion of either a Community moderator or administrator:
    • Off-Topic posting
    • Thread hi-jacking

So you might like to create your own conversation with details of your particular problem.

Message 8 of 9
M3DM
Guide

Perhaps it is time to find a new brand of router. Netgear has proven that it can’t develop reliable firmware or support its product line. The disparity between price and quality is widening, which means it is not worth the money…
Model: R7900P|Nighthawk X6S AC3000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7