"Logon Timed out" after restarting R6700v3 via app

BizzyM
Aspirant

"Logon Timed out" after restarting R6700v3 via app

Model: R6700v3

FW: V1.0.4.122_10.0.95

App ver: 2.14.0.1930 (1/16/22)

Using app on OnePlus 8 and LG V30+

Logged into app and reset router, not a firmware update.  After rebooting, app presents Login screen and doesn't work with phone biometrics suddenly.  password not working.  App keeps showing a "Logon timed out" message every time.  Can log in via web interface using same password.

Rebooted phone: same problems. 

Manually restarted router: same problems. 

Reset password via Router's web interface: same problems

Searched topics and saw the Time Zone suggestion.  Time Zone is set correctly and time/date matches both phones that the app is being run on.

What's the trick?

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 9
plemans
Guru

Re: "Logon Timed out" after restarting R6700v3 via app

So only the app isn't working? 

If you're on android, go into it and clear cache/data. 

If you're on iOS, uninstall the app, reboot your phone, and reinstall it. 

Message 2 of 9

@BizzyM wrote:

Logged into app and reset router, not a firmware update. 

That says you "reset router". Your subject says "after restarting R6700v3 via app". Which was it?

They do different things. I'm guessing restart, but you never know.

Message 3 of 9
BizzyM
Aspirant

Sorry, I did mean restart, not reset.  

Message 4 of 9
BizzyM
Aspirant

Tried clearing cache, data, uninstalled, reinstalled.  Updated firmware to V1.0.4.126_10.0.102 and still giving me issues with the login.  I'm still able to log into the router from a browser with the same password.

Message 5 of 9
plemans
Guru

I've seen quite a few posts with the app not working properly. I'd wait on app updates to see if that fixes it. 

Message 6 of 9
BizzyM
Aspirant

Maybe this will help support, but I found an interesting thing with this log in bug.  I've got another phone with the Nighthawk app installed and updated.  When I launch the app, it goes to the router page first with a note at the bottom "connecting to router".  After a few seconds, it will go to the login page where I get the time out.

however, if I quickly tap on "Device manager", it will go into the Device Manger and list everything connected to the router.  If I back out, I can access everything except Internet Speed test will fail to connect.  Sometimes I get a log in request where I will just exit the app and reopen.

How is this not affecting everyone?

Message 7 of 9

And updates seem to be coming at a pace that suggests that Netgear knows hat something is wrong.

And iOS apps are more troublesome than Android. But that's generally the case, with iOS causing more grief than Android.

Message 8 of 9
mickey53usa
Aspirant

Another user with same issue - Router was configured and functioning fine for over a year. Access to the router from various locations in the US using Moto G Play (2021) (Android 10) and the Nighthawk Android App. Recently changed phones to a Moto G Power (2022) (Android 11) and now cannot connect to the router with the Nighthawk App. I have removed the App from my phone, power cycled the phone, reinstalled the App, gone through setup and after entering the Router Password, I get a message that Logon took too long.

I have rebooted the router multiple times and still get the same message.

I tried a Lenovo Tab10 tablet with an old version of Android and got the exact same error message.

I posted this in the Router section also - before I found the Nighthawk section.

TIA

Michael

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7