Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

"Netgear router is not found or is not supported. Also, no IPv6 is enabled' Windows 10

Donl1000
Follower

"Netgear router is not found or is not supported. Also, no IPv6 is enabled' Windows 10

Wireless works but no wired internet connection after Windows 10 installed. Up dated Genie and did the work around.  Worked for a while on and off. now nothing????

Message 1 of 15
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: "Netgear router is not found or is not supported. Also, no IPv6 is enabled' Windows 10

Hi @Donl1000,

The NETGEAR Genie is only an additional program that will allow you to monitor and make some changes to some settings of your router and should not affect the Internet connectivity of your wired devices.

1. What is the model number and firmware version of the router?

2. Have you tried resetting the router?

3. Have you tried changing ports or cables?

4. have you tried power cycling (turn off and on) the router?

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 15
petercloud29
Aspirant

Re: "Netgear router is not found or is not supported. Also, no IPv6 is enabled' Windows 10

Configuring repeating settings:

1. First, you need to connect your wireless router device which you wish to function as the repeater to the computer using the standard Ethernet cable.
  2. Then, login to the Netgear router by typing 192.168.1.254 ip address in to the address bar of your web browser. Then, press Enter.
  3. The login page of a router will be displayed on the screen. In the username text box, you have to enter the default username admin and a default password is password. When you have already changed your router device default password, then you have to enter your custom password and then hit Enter.
  4. In this step, you must have to click on the maintenance -> Router status.
  5. Note down a value of MAC address displayed on this status screen of your network router.
  6. Then, connect to a wireless network you wish to repeat.
  7. Once logged in to your Netgear router, you need to click on the wireless settings.
  8. Note down the values of 11N channel, Mode, SSID, security encryption key, and also security options fields.
  9. Click on the advanced and wireless repeating function.
  10. After that, click on the enable wireless repeating function and then wireless base station.
Message 3 of 15
TheEther
Guru

@petercloud29 Did you mean to post in a different thread?

Message 4 of 15
Smlucas
Aspirant

I'm getting the same error after downloading the latest version of Netgear Genie for iPhone. Nothing on my network has changed except for this app in over a year. In home wifi works everyday and all devices can communicate. I have a WNDR3400v2 router and I'm trying to access the router as I have every week in the past from an iPhone running iOS Vers. 9.3.5.
Message 5 of 15
Smlucas
Aspirant

Today is 10/10/16. The Netgear genie I'm running is 2.4.3 Dated 10/5/16. My router firmware version is V1.0.0.52. BTW the Windows Vers 2.4.32 works okay.
Message 6 of 15
drwingham
Aspirant

Updated to iOS10 on the iPhone 6. Cannot log into Genie App - "cannot find router or is not supported". I'm running an R8000. WTFrank?
Message 7 of 15
drwingham
Aspirant

Power cycled the router and deleted/reinstalled the Genie App
Message 8 of 15
Landy25
Guide

Was this issue resolved by anyone? I have been getting the run around from netgear support for over 3 weeks now. It happens on all my devices. Win7 Win10 iOS Sierra and with different web browsers as well Safari IE Chrome. This is very frustrating. 

Model: Genie|Desktop| Mobile| and Product Setup Genie
Message 9 of 15
Serenity1989
Aspirant

I had to upgrade my router from my previous Netgear and used to think Netgear and Genie were great. 

I am also having a persistent problem with not being able to log in to my new R7000 with my wired PC.Fortunately I can access from the tablet and the phone and it is working.  It appears that there is no resolution for this with people getting a runaround.  I have checked EVERYTHING mentioned as others have and am not able to resolve this issue.  This is incredibly frustrating. 

Message 10 of 15
Landy25
Guide

Someone suggested to contact my ISP and have them send a firmware update. Once I did that it has been working great.
Message 11 of 15
Yns5929
Tutor

Update firmware for router or Modem? I have netgear modem CM700 and I am running into this issue frequently.

Message 12 of 15
Ekim1pch
Aspirant

I'm having a similar problem with my WNDR4500v2. Don't know the firmware. No luck logging on with 198.168.1.1 and 198.168.1.0 routerlogin.net and routerlogin.com.
I've tried power cycle and resetting the router, and tried two delegate computers. I can ping the router on 198.168.1.1 and ping websites like google.com; the wifi is working and says it's connected to the internet but I can't access the internet nor log into the router.

I also tried PeterClouds methods with direct plugging Ethernet into the computer and typing the 198.168.1.245, and that's where the road ends. I loaded the newest firmware but I can't access the router to load it. Help me pls!
Message 13 of 15
Ekim1pch
Aspirant

How did they access your router?
Message 14 of 15
dan-45
Aspirant

Re: "Netgear router is not found or is not supported. Also, no IPv6 is enabled'

I received that message the only thing i wanted to do was to update my router but i can t and i donot want ago on remote. Thanks

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 15 of 15
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 11 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7