Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

r6230 Wifi theives

robbie8850
Follower

r6230 Wifi theives

I gathered a list of IP addresses off of my nighthawk app. for my AC1200 R6230 netgear smart wifi router. I do not reconize a lot of them so I was wanting to know how I could identify who they belong to. What caught my attention is my speeds started getting slower and lonnger buffering periods. my Version is  1.1.0.86 Any advice would be gretly appreciated and thank you for your time and concideration on this matter.            robbie8850

Model: R6230|AC1200 Smart WiFi Router Dual Band Gigabit
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: r6230 Wifi theives

do you have security enabled on your router? have you changed it recently? 

You can setup access control and deny/allow specific devices. 

https://kb.netgear.com/24830/How-do-I-use-access-control-to-allow-or-block-devices-from-accessing-th...

that'll let you block specific devices. 

Message 2 of 4

You could pause those unknown ip devices from the nighthawk app that let you know real quick who the belong to when the owners complain. Like house guests network stealing neighbours .Also you can disable the guest networks and change the security password for your network.
Message 3 of 4

@robbie8850 wrote:

I gathered a list of IP addresses off of my nighthawk app. for my AC1200 R6230 netgear smart wifi router. I do not reconize a lot of them so I was wanting to know how I could identify who they belong to.

Lay our hands on this:

IPNetInfo: Retrieve IP Address Information from WHOIS servers

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7