Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

readyshare

rioplayer
Aspirant

readyshare

I have a mac computer. and i used to use netgear rangemax with a hard drive connected to it..no problem with my windows computer, but I when I look for the hard drive I have now connected to my new Nighthawk, it is not detected by the router.. is it not set up to be accessed with mac.. also shouldn't it be accessible by mac through the internet.. Am I doing something wrong in the set up...it seems I should just be able to plug it in

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6

Re: readyshare

@rioplayer wrote:

I have a mac computer. and i used to use netgear rangemax with a hard drive connected to it..

How is this hard drive connected? USB? How big is it? How is it formatted?

These are all important factors when working out what is going on.

Message 2 of 6
rioplayer
Aspirant

It is formatted to work with both mac and windows. I forget what that is called ...3TB...and tried using the USB hub. It recognized it when I first hooked it up, but I couldn't access any files. Subsequently, now it will not recognize it at all. 

Message 3 of 6

@rioplayer wrote:

It is formatted to work with both mac and windows. I forget what that is called ...

Netgear's ReadyShare recognises most formats, but there are limits.

ReadySHARE USB Drives Compatibility List | Answer | NETGEAR Support

What is this "USB hub"?

Message 4 of 6
rioplayer
Aspirant

just the plug in on the front of the router

Message 5 of 6

ReadyShare seems to have issues with USB. For example, sometimes a drive works in a USB2 port but not in a USB3 port.

There was even a report earlier today from someone who had problems with USB drives until they replaced their Netgear power supply with something more powerful. But that was in a place where the electricity supply was dodgy.

Have you been through the relevant section in the manual?

There is a manual for your device somewhere at the end of this link:

>>> R6700 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<

See page 67.

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7