Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

timing out when logging into r8000p router

JGore
Follower

timing out when logging into r8000p router

Attempting to login to nighthawk on phone is giving continous timed out message,.  Deleted, reinstalled and same message.  App keeps telling me to reboot router, which I did once and no help.  Phone is a Galaxy Note 10.

I'm currently logged into Genie on my computer with no issues. Router is runnng and internet is functioning perfectly. 

R8000P — Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri Band WiFi Router

Should I be worried that this product is not even listed above?

Message 1 of 2

Re: timing out when logging into r8000p router

@JGore wrote:

Attempting to login to nighthawk on phone is giving continous timed out message,. 

Is this with a local wifi connection or through remote access? Set up on MyNetgear?

Any oddities on the network? R8000P in AP mode?

What firmware version do you have on the device?

A number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the time people read this.) There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

It might also help if you told people what the modem is in front of this router, if there is one. The model number could be useful. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

The reason for asking is that a lot of people turn up here trying to put a router behind a modem that is also a router. That can complicate troubleshooting.

@JGore wrote:

Should I be worried that this product is not even listed above?

Just Netgear being lazy about updating its database of devices.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7