Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: wifi working but can't sign in as admin on Nighthawk app

astroknit
Tutor

wifi working but can't sign in as admin on Nighthawk app

I have a AC1750 Smart WiFi Router (R6700v3) with firmware V1.0.4.128_10.0.104.

I signed into the Nighthawk app to check for firmware updates and it said there were none. I decided to reboot the router through the app to see if it would clear up some issues with messages not sending through my iphone (inconsistent). After the reboot, the wifi works, but the app wants me to sign in as admin. I know my admin password and can access /192.168.1.1/

But the app will not accept the correct password. It keeps timing out.  I don't want to have to do a factory reset and set my wifi up from scratch. What's wrong with the app?

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
astroknit
Tutor

Thank for the pointer. I had seen this thread earlier. I just didn't want go through the hassle of a factory reset. My brain is fuzzy since I'm not feeling well and I cannot access internet on my phone without wifi where I live. Anyway, long story short:

-factory reset

-reinstall app on iphone

-renamed network on website

-everything works now.

Bottom line: I won't use the app to reboot the router again. It has been working fine since 2019--until I did that reboot.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure to disable all MAC address Randomizers on your mobile devices:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-App/NETGEAR-Mobile-Applications-and-Apple-Devices-FAQ/td-...

Message 2 of 5
astroknit
Tutor

Thank you. I saw your comment on another post and tried turning off Private Wi-Fi Address and Limit IP Address Tracking. It didn't change anything. I tried deleting and reinstalling the app. It let me sign in with my netgear account, but then it asks for my admin password and does not accept it. I just tried turning off the above again and restarting the app on my phone but it does the same thing.

Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 4 of 5
astroknit
Tutor

Thank for the pointer. I had seen this thread earlier. I just didn't want go through the hassle of a factory reset. My brain is fuzzy since I'm not feeling well and I cannot access internet on my phone without wifi where I live. Anyway, long story short:

-factory reset

-reinstall app on iphone

-renamed network on website

-everything works now.

Bottom line: I won't use the app to reboot the router again. It has been working fine since 2019--until I did that reboot.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7