Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Re: Add Nighthawk AX1800 MK63S mesh system to existing Nighthawk AC1900 Model C700

Artegal
Follower

Add Nighthawk AX1800 MK63S mesh system to existing Nighthawk AC1900 Model C700

Hello. Is it easy to add a Nighthawk AX1800 mesh system (AX1800 Mesh WiFi System (MK63S) to my existing Nighthawk AC1900 Model C7000 cable-model router? If I just  connect the AX1800 to one of the ethernet jacks on the AC1900 and configure the AX1800 (per the Netgear YouTube video), will it become my 'new' router and go? Do I have to disable the router portion of my AC1900? (The AC1900 is my cable-modem router for my Spectrum internet service so I’m assuming this would be transparent to Spectrum). Thanks for any help!

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Add Nighthawk AX1800 MK63S mesh system to existing Nighthawk AC1900 Model C700

You have a couple ways you can do it. 

1. Leave the C7000 in router mode. Connect the MK system to it and put the MK system in access point mode. This prevents a double nat. Then just make sure the wireless channels are seperated so they don't interfere. I'd name the ssid's different so you can choose which to connect to since the C7000 won't fully integrate into a mesh. That allows you to still use the wireless on the C7000 for either backup, for devices close to it, or even for IoT devices. 

2. put the C7000 in modem only mode. then you can simply use it as a modem. the MK system simply connects to it and is ran in router mode. 

If it was me, I'd go with option 1. Then you have a backup wireless or even something to spread out the wireless burden. 

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7